General Q & A

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
I am still interested in linking the types to the nervous system at behavior level. In RPF, a woman got her hair results which she found contradictory. When I explained what I thought about her nervous system in terms of behaviour, she answered "You nailed it! You know me better than I knew myself".
...So it means I can be right about what I suppose. I think it helps to be in touch with our self-feeling if we can gain some insight about the concordance between labs and feelings / behavior.

For example: How can somebody get a hair result "sympathetic dominant or "fast metabolizer" - hyperthyroid - overactive adrenals"
...and have low temps/pulse that should indicate hypoT?

Oct 4, 2017
I wonder if he would still share the info he was putting together before about the different protocols for fast/slow oxidizers? A lot of us were really looking forward to that!

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
I have been taking cetirizin and loratadine daily for close to two decades. I would like to stop taking them, but I get schizophrenia symptoms when I stop taking them, this after a few months. I get anxiety and delusions after being off them for only a day. Please understand, I'm not exaggerating. It seems now to be about high histamine and histamine intolerance more than allergic reactions. The drugs must have increased my histamine sensitivity. I have found this on Ray Peat forum:

https://www.alternativementalhealth.com/commentary-on-nutritional-treatment-of-mental-disorders-2/#MH

Very interesting, it's based on experiences with thousands of patients, and it seems to be in line with what you (gbolduev) is saying, however the low methylators (high histamine) are portrayed as typically slender and obsessive - the high methylators (low histamine) as typically overweight.

What can I do to get off anti-histamines without schizophrenia symptoms? Methionine supplementation wakes me up and gives me a very nice energy (methyl vitamins don't work well for me, the SAMe I tried did not agree with me), but the mental problems are not helped much.

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
Another woman, helloo!
I think your post is worth a topic in itself compared to general Q&A. I am interested in knowing more about what is about histamine and how it relates to vitamins and minerals.

TubZy

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
I took this from the quote section because I asked him about histamine intolerance in general before. It seems it is heavily related to MAO via zinc and copper. Hopefully he can expand more on it too. Here is some of what he said regarding histamine [mention]gbolduev[/mention]
sensitivities was a part of PFS for me. i could not even be in places, my MAO just did not work, since zinc was not working for me. and MAO was inhibited since body needs constant activation of adrenaline

I think once you let go for MAO, it will just go away.

MAO is ihhibited for a reason. Copper will only work when progesterone and zinc will work. MAO is copper based.

Understand it like this, If there is no cortisol sensitivity , your zinc does not work. If zinc does not work and your progesterone is insensitive you you dont have enough progesterone action, If there is no progesterone action , copper is not working. NO copper No MAO. it is feed back reaction.

Snell1234

Oct 3, 2017
TubZy post_id=626 time=1507442540 user_id=2 said:
I took this from the quote section because I asked him about histamine intolerance in general before. It seems it is heavily related to MAO via zinc and copper. Hopefully he can expand more on it too. Here is some of what he said regarding histamine @gbolduev
sensitivities was a part of PFS for me. i could not even be in places, my MAO just did not work, since zinc was not working for me. and MAO was inhibited since body needs constant activation of adrenaline

MAO is ihhibited for a reason. Copper will only work when progesterone and zinc will work. MAO is copper based.

Understand it like this, If there is no cortisol sensitivity , your zinc does not work. If zinc does not work and your progesterone is insensitive you you dont have enough progesterone action, If there is no progesterone action , copper is not working. NO copper No MAO. it is feed back reaction.
Thanks I am interested in this too.

When you speak of histamine intolerance, are you meaning things like hayfever and allergies?

freeflow

Oct 4, 2017
Hey [mention]gbolduev[/mention] , nice to see you here.
My case is high potassium in the cell(1.5 times higher than upper range)
I did a blood test too and my progesterone is 1.3nmol/L (range: 0.89-3.9)

I have high potassium, low progesterone(?), im in metabolic alkalosis.
It seems im the exact case as you were when you had pfs and you upregulated your estrogen with clomid and added zinc when coming off.
My questions:
1, High progesterone protocol will also work for me?
2, any natural methylation protocol to cure this? Like thorne, exercise or something, multivitamin
3, pine pollen makes me feel worse but when i go off of it in some days my old libido feeling appears then it stays for some days and i crash naturally. By crash i mean head pressure appears, i develop diarrhea etc.Then in 1-2 weeks i get back to basic pfs baseline. This crash is induced by either orgasm or it comes naturally. Thorne extra should prevent this crash?
4, in a topic i just saw you wrote serotonin causes diarrhoea. Whenever i crash after achieving a partial recovery i always have diarrhoea!! Then it leaves after some days when im back to baseline. What the hell is this really serotonin, how could i prevent this??

Thank you for your help, really appreciated because the comments you wrote on ray peat were describing my situation all the time, matchig all my experience.

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
MAO is inhibited for a reason.
This calls my attention... What is the reason? Is it an adaptive/protective measure from the body? Or is the body just stuck in a loop?

(In general, I wander if we can enter and disrupt a loop at any place, or if we have to get to the root, and if there is always a similar root of the same loop...)

In this thread, if we mix general questions, personal questions, and PFS questions, IMO it can get to be unproductive if it is all in 1 thread!

Snell1234

Oct 3, 2017
freeflow post_id=629 time=1507447234 user_id=74 said:
Hey @gbolduev , nice to see you here.

It seems im the exact case as you were when you had pfs and you upregulated your estrogen with clomid and added zinc when coming off.
My questions:
2, any natural methylation protocol to cure this? Like thorne, exercise or something, multivitamin
3, pine pollen makes me feel worse but when i go off of it in some days my old libido feeling appears then it stays for some days and i crash naturally. By crash i mean head pressure appears, i develop diarrhea etc.Then in 1-2 weeks i get back to basic pfs baseline. This crash is induced by either orgasm or it comes naturally. Thorne extra should prevent this crash?
4, in a topic i just saw you wrote serotonin causes diarrhoea. Whenever i crash after achieving a partial recovery i always have diarrhoea!! Then it leaves after some days when im back to baseline. What the hell is this really serotonin, how could i prevent this??

Thank you for your help, really appreciated because the comments you wrote on ray peat were describing my situation all the time, matchig all my experience.
Maybe the easiest thing for you to do would be to do exactly what he did considering it worked for him? It's the one protocol he has listed out the exact substances, the amounts and the times. In some ways, you have it easiest.

freeflow

Oct 4, 2017
yes I know and if natural methylation would fail with the herbs I can do clomid. Its just scary to block estrogen receptors and feel worse on clomid as I got horrible depression on AIs like tongkat ali, sustain alpha, chrysine etc. I know clomid is not an AI but still.

I am working and I cannot risk getting worse now even for some weeks. I can still experiment doing schisandra cycles with tribulus.

I just want to hear [mention]gbolduev[/mention] 's opinion about a potential no drug cure for me as I think its possible how to manipulate and rise estrogen with minerals and vitamins or do whatever is needed. Getting out of alkalosis.
And if it doesnt work I can still do the clomid+zinc+prolactin inhibitor in 2018.

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
Sorry, canary, I'm not a woman. I'm fine as long as I keep taking the anti-histamines at the correct time, i.e. every 24 hours. I stopped taking them for some months and had close to a mental breakdown. Extreme anxiety, paranoid delusions, in short the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. When I don't take anti-histamines I obsess about the paranoid delusions, I get new ones all the time, and feel threatened, when I take the anti-histamines it's like it doesn't matter if the delusions are real or not so I just stop thinking about them and then, boom I forget to take Loratadine and it flares up again. To me schizophrenia is a state in which you are confused and have difficulty dealing with the world, and so you feel threatened and this particular fear drives you nuts.

The reason I started to take them in the first place was allergies. Now I understand that I just need to avoid certain foods and additives, like xantangum, so I don't have allergies anymore, it's just the mental symptoms. When I was at my worst I also had increased sex-drive.

I thought the normal consensus was that progesterone increased mao-a, guess not. I think my state has been affected by pregvnenlone and progesterone supplementation too, my hunch is through increased glutamate. I absolutely can't handle free glutamate.

freeflow

Oct 4, 2017
Snell1234 post_id=633 time=1507453617 user_id=51 said:

My questions:

Maybe the easiest thing for you to do would be to do exactly what he did considering it worked for him? It's the one protocol he has listed out the exact substances, the amounts and the times. In some ways, you have it easiest.
I was reading more of his quotes and as i have low bioavailable testosterone and low free testosterone, low androgenic i am.
Lowish progesterone and high progesterone sensitivity. I could use the high dose progesterone protocol too so my progesterone sensitivity would go down.

Snell1234

Oct 3, 2017
freeflow post_id=647 time=1507465038 user_id=74 said:
Snell1234 post_id=633 time=1507453617 user_id=51 said:

My questions:

I was reading more of his quotes and as i have low bioavailable testosterone and low free testosterone, low androgenic i am.
Lowish progesterone and high progesterone sensitivity. I could use the high dose progesterone protocol too so my progesterone sensitivity would go down.
Yep agree except all I'll say is he didn't do that himself. Would probably be easiest just to replicate everything he did to the letter? All his other protocols are general ideas. This is the only one where you can do exactly what he did.

TubZy

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Snell1234 post_id=628 time=1507443651 user_id=51 said:
TubZy post_id=626 time=1507442540 user_id=2 said:
I took this from the quote section because I asked him about histamine intolerance in general before. It seems it is heavily related to MAO via zinc and copper. Hopefully he can expand more on it too. Here is some of what he said regarding histamine @gbolduev

Thanks I am interested in this too.

When you speak of histamine intolerance, are you meaning things like hayfever and allergies?
Mainly MCS, food allergies, increased allergy to pollen etc. Basically sensitivity to things I never had in my entire life

TubZy

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
happenstance post_id=640 time=1507458423 user_id=99 said:
Sorry, canary, I'm not a woman. I'm fine as long as I keep taking the anti-histamines at the correct time, i.e. every 24 hours. I stopped taking them for some months and had close to a mental breakdown. Extreme anxiety, paranoid delusions, in short the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. When I don't take anti-histamines I obsess about the paranoid delusions, I get new ones all the time, and feel threatened, when I take the anti-histamines it's like it doesn't matter if the delusions are real or not so I just stop thinking about them and then, boom I forget to take Loratadine and it flares up again. To me schizophrenia is a state in which you are confused and have difficulty dealing with the world, and so you feel threatened and this particular fear drives you nuts.

The reason I started to take them in the first place was allergies. Now I understand that I just need to avoid certain foods and additives, like xantangum, so I don't have allergies anymore, it's just the mental symptoms. When I was at my worst I also had increased sex-drive.

I thought the normal consensus was that progesterone increased mao-a, guess not. I think my state has been affected by pregvnenlone and progesterone supplementation too, my hunch is through increased glutamate. I absolutely can't handle free glutamate.
You try methyl folate or methyl B12 yet?

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
TubZy post_id=797 time=1507586096 user_id=2 said:
happenstance post_id=640 time=1507458423 user_id=99 said:

You try methyl folate or methyl B12 yet?

Yes, didnt feel good like methionine. Methyl folate felt horrible but I have mthfkr mutation. Maybe zinc mag potassium could change this, dunno.