Feedback on progesterone intake.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Progesterone is what recommended to everyone on Ray Peat forum. Especially for women.

But then you have these multiple feedbacks from real people, mostly women

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=9238&name=PROGESTERONE
You can actually contact these people and write an e-mail to them

Crazy feedbacks and very similar to PFS symptoms. And it takes years sometimes to get back to normal. And that is from regular progesterone .

And then you have studies like this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8751281

And you wonder what the hell RPF memebers are talking about?

Nice anti anxiety LOL. it raises glutamate, causes severe depression by increasing serotonin turn over, suicidal thoughts.

Of course this all depends on the body chemistry of a person taking it.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I have been following the pfs topic because man or woman is a context, but we are all humans with hormones.
So it makes sense to know what is the difference between a person needing to take progesterone and one that do not need it, or even worse that will be hurt by it.

I have been taking progest-e for 2 years. I was low on it because of pre-menopause. It never stopped my flushes, even with more fruits and honey. I cannot believe Katharina Dalton was all wrong as she got results. At least I learned about hormone resistance and the importance of receptors.

You said
If there is no cortisol sensitivity, your zinc does not work. If zinc does not work and your progesterone is insensitive you don't have enough progesterone action, If there is no progesterone action, copper is not working. NO copper No MAO. it is feed back reaction.
I have concluded I have a problem with cortisol sensitivity, and will fast. Almost sure I am a slow... Best sign is that I have never had any urge to exercise. I chose an active life because I would not go to the gym for fun.

My experience now:
I stopped my flushes in 2 days. But I have not stopped taking progest-e... I do not feel I can do this without knowing how to do this safely.

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
So, women should also take zinc and manganese when they come off progesterone? Btw, are amino acid chelates ok, or should they be in a particular form?

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
happenstance post_id=608 time=1507420830 user_id=99 said:
So, women should also take zinc and manganese when they come off progesterone? Btw, are amino acid chelates ok, or should they be in a particular form?
And with such a photo and answer, of course I thought you were a woman! Be careful not to be given a wrong advise for your hormones! :lol:

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
Canari post_id=644 time=1507462625 user_id=62 said:
happenstance post_id=608 time=1507420830 user_id=99 said:
And with such a photo and answer, of course I thought you were a woman! Be careful not to be given a wrong advise for your hormones! :lol:
:) I made my post menopausal mother get on progesterone. Worried if I might damage her.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
We do not make that much progesterone after 50, so... The question could be about taking also some phyto-estrogen or not...
I also made a topic about hormone turnover, to start the hormone forum.
We have to take into account that hormones go up and down in cycles, and that there is a turnover, and that some processes including minerals are in charge of this...
Now the difficulty for everybody is to know in what "case" or "category" or "type" we are. I feel quite stuck to know what to do...
I think you can ask your mother how she feels in terms of mood, and if something has changed. And better be off progesterone like 1 week for new moon (it was supposed to be the most frequent natural moment for women to have their periods).

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Progesterone is what recommended to everyone on Ray Peat forum. Especially for women.

But then you have these multiple feedbacks from real people, mostly women

PROGESTERONE: Side Effects, Reviews by Patients - AskaPatient.com
You can actually contact these people and write an e-mail to them

Crazy feedbacks and very similar to PFS symptoms. And it takes years sometimes to get back to normal. And that is from regular progesterone .

And then you have studies like this
Progesterone suppression of glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD67) mRNA levels in the preoptic area: correlation to the luteinizing hormone surge. - PubMed - NCBI

And you wonder what the hell RPF memebers are talking about?

Nice anti anxiety LOL. it raises glutamate, causes severe depression by increasing serotonin turn over, suicidal thoughts.

Of course this all depends on the body chemistry of a person taking it.
I had this exact experience with prog cream. What body chemistry is that you're talking about?

"Of course this all depends on the body chemistry of a person taking it."