Fasting experiences

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Cdsnuts post_id=3148 time=1509481725 user_id=1376 said:
This is one of the reasons I recommend breathing exercises along with meditation. It is the BEST way to get control of a frantic mind. Learning to be present is a life skill that can translate into so many benefits physically and mentally through out your life.
I also use them both when I can, but some people can react badly if they do for example the 10 days vipassana and have a heavy charge on the nervous system. I also know Eckart Tolle, as you speak about being present. But many people just cannot, or they can be present in easy situations, but they have still reactions from the past that arrive when they are in stress.
You can control a frantic mind, but it leaves still a big charge in the nervous system. Not many methods deal with this, and are able to remove the charges of the past memories. Some people can have a panic attack when they go below a certain settling point in relaxation.
I have personal training in this, that is why I talk about it, it is not about reading but personal experience.

Cdsnuts

Oct 27, 2017
Canari post_id=3150 time=1509483901 user_id=62 said:
Cdsnuts post_id=3148 time=1509481725 user_id=1376 said:
This is one of the reasons I recommend breathing exercises along with meditation. It is the BEST way to get control of a frantic mind. Learning to be present is a life skill that can translate into so many benefits physically and mentally through out your life.
I also use them both when I can, but some people can react badly if they do for example the 10 days vipassana and have a heavy charge on the nervous system. I also know Eckart Tolle, as you speak about being present. But many people just cannot, or they can be present in easy situations, but they have still reactions from the past that arrive when they are in stress.
You can control a frantic mind, but it leaves still a big charge in the nervous system. Not many methods deal with this, and are able to remove the charges of the past memories. Some people can have a panic attack when they go below a certain settling point in relaxation.
I have personal training in this, that is why I talk about it, it is not about reading but personal experience.
Absolutely. That's why I practice what I preach.

Unfortunately depending on how pent-up somebody is they need to go through these uncomfortable moments or breakdowns, if you will. By getting the body and mind to release this energy you are then able to go even deeper.

When people experience these releases, especially if they aren't expecting it they get the wrong idea and think they're doing something wrong when it couldn't be further from the truth. The deeper you go and the more uncomfortable feelings you let yourself experience, the more you heal and the more centered you'll be able to get yourself.

The breathing exercises, especially the ones taught by Wim Hof do a fantastic job of helping the body to release blocked nervous energy. Once this energy is released a deeper healing of the mind can occur.

jaa

Oct 23, 2017
I started a water fast, but decided to give it up very early as something came up the following week. I went from 5pm Saturday to Monday morning. Sunday I felt fine. Monday I woke up and felt anxious and a bit nauseous. Is this common? I usually only feel that way when I drink too much. Maybe it has something to do with depleted glycogen?

Cdsnuts

Oct 27, 2017
jaa post_id=3558 time=1509969911 user_id=1352 said:
I started a water fast, but decided to give it up very early as something came up the following week. I went from 5pm Saturday to Monday morning. Sunday I felt fine. Monday I woke up and felt anxious and a bit nauseous. Is this common? I usually only feel that way when I drink too much. Maybe it has something to do with depleted glycogen?
So really you only went a day and a half without food. This goes without saying, but you really didn't get any kind of cleansing in during such a short period. When water fasting, it typically takes you a good week to get down into the deepest part of the cleanse. This is why two to three weeks is recommended for a therapeutic fast.

The way you're feeling could be from a variety of things. Mostly though, when people don't fast long enough, what happens is the body starts mobilizing the material it wants to get rid of. This material enters the blood stream for processing. When cut short, the material is still in the system as opposed to being eliminated. This can cause you to feel worse then prior to starting the fast.

You'll be fine. Just be sure to drink plenty of pure water and MOVE. It doesn't have to be too strenuous. A nice long, brisk walk with plenty of fluids will be enough to flush the material from your system. You should be feeling fine in a day or two.

Next time, make sure you have enough time blocked off so that you can properly execute the fast.

jaa

Oct 23, 2017
Cdsnuts post_id=3592 time=1510003184 user_id=1376 said:
So really you only went a day and a half without food. This goes without saying, but you really didn't get any kind of cleansing in during such a short period. When water fasting, it typically takes you a good week to get down into the deepest part of the cleanse. This is why two to three weeks is recommended for a therapeutic fast.

The way you're feeling could be from a variety of things. Mostly though, when people don't fast long enough, what happens is the body starts mobilizing the material it wants to get rid of. This material enters the blood stream for processing. When cut short, the material is still in the system as opposed to being eliminated. This can cause you to feel worse then prior to starting the fast.

You'll be fine. Just be sure to drink plenty of pure water and MOVE. It doesn't have to be too strenuous. A nice long, brisk walk with plenty of fluids will be enough to flush the material from your system. You should be feeling fine in a day or two.

Next time, make sure you have enough time blocked off so that you can properly execute the fast.
Thanks for the info!

Cdsnuts

Oct 27, 2017
jaa post_id=3627 time=1510053505 user_id=1352 said:
Cdsnuts post_id=3592 time=1510003184 user_id=1376 said:

Thanks for the info!
Anytime brother. That's what I'm here for.

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
NYC
Does anyone have any thoughts on an exogenous ketone fast? Would this be an effective way to get some, if not all of the benefits of fasting while not wasting away physically? I'm interested in this because I'm currently just skin and bones.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Does anyone have any thoughts on an exogenous ketone fast? Would this be an effective way to get some, if not all of the benefits of fasting while not wasting away physically? I'm interested in this because I'm currently just skin and bones.
Ketogene diet!
I am doing it now, just starting, as I have obvious cortisol and sugar issues. I keep a log in "balance path" and do notice similarities with the fasting state...

Cdsnuts

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately this is not the same thing as a water fast to cleanse at the deepest level possible. To do this, you need to stop all digestion. They are two completely different animals here.

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
NYC
Ketogene diet!
I am doing it now, just starting, as I have obvious cortisol and sugar issues. I keep a log in "balance path" and do notice similarities with the fasting state...
Sorry, I should have been more clear - I wasn't thinking so much a food-based keto diet, but rather a fast helped along by a relatively pure exogenous ketone powder. This could get expensive quick, but wondering theoretically if the added ketone boost would detract from the benefits of the fast.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
What is your height/weight/bodyfat?

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
NYC
What is your height/weight/bodyfat?
5'10" 136lbs, haven't tested bmi. Anecdotally I will say I'm coming from a lean muscular build, so most of what is left appears to be muscle.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Unfortunately this is not the same thing as a water fast to cleanse at the deepest level possible. To do this, you need to stop all digestion. They are two completely different animals here.
Agree, and need to empty bowels, as this process slows down when not eating, leaving some stuff in the bowels.
But still, it is also a ketogenic state, at metabolic level.
Thus what I said about ketogenic diet, as I agree that a fast should be with endogenous energy, so that the body cleans the less important stuff that are inside. .
Sorry, I should have been more clear - I wasn't thinking so much a food-based keto diet, but rather a fast helped along by a relatively pure exogenous ketone powder. This could get expensive quick, but wondering theoretically if the added ketone boost would detract from the benefits of the fast.
I had understood it was during the fast. I was not clear enough I believe it is about separating the two, and you want to bring both the good of 2 worlds together.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
--Oh it's an experience.--
--It is a FUCKING AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!--
--I'm so ripped now it's ungodly. So vascular it should be illegal!!--
--Had a dream where I was being painted like on the Titanic. N.E.--
(color coded for your pleasure). NF plus fasted training and running and fighting = *DEATHLY LEAN!* soon I'll be 6% bf, then 3% then zero, then negative, and at some point between those, dead. AND I LIKE IT!!!
--I went to a club fasted, they said GET IN HERE BOY. YOU'RE TOO LEAN TO WAIT OUTSIDE WITH THESE DOUCHEBAGS AND SkANKS. I Said thank you. And walked inside.

--ALSO was gonna use a public train locomotive device, they said: you're far too lean for this shyt, get outta here!! ANd so I walked out and found alternate means of transportation.

1000+ reps done. gym and walking and calisthenics. done fuck it. i dont even give a fuck.

-1st extended fast beyond 3days water only --> zero exercise, last year Jan 6 to Mid Feb 2018. That was different and for different reasons... like maybe, just maybe one day healing from PFS.
--Totally worth it, probably led to 80% of symptoms gone eventually, along with other stuff. Then more and more. And definitely not in a day. And Refeed, etc was quite crucial.
-was broth only, vegan, for months to come. Now? Id do broth but dont need to but probably should just in case.

-I'm just trying to optimize fasting time, prevent protein breakdown, maximize protein synthesis, and fix some sleep issues, etc. And cut .5-1.75% bodyfat.

Last edited: