Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
So lately I've been fine tuning my additional supplements for working out (essentially just EAAs nowadays, with an all-natural preworkout) as I've switched over from regular weighttraining to CrossFit. I've been taking no supplements besides the pre-workout given that I'm on TEI still, and I've wanted to add in EAA's after all I've heard about their benefits from listening to Ben Greenfield's podcast. I tried his Kion Aminos, and added them to my stash this weekend. I'm currently off TEI currently until my next test comes in, and I'm feeling fantastic - but that's besides the point..... anyway, after taking the Aminos I felt like my digestion took a major hit. It's the only change that day from my normal routine.

What would be causing the ill-effect from EAAs? From what I know, they're relatively a natural product.... I'd like to continue using them for workouts, becuase they made a world of difference it seemed in my workout intensity and recovery afterward from a pretty brutal WOD.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
So lately I've been fine tuning my additional supplements for working out (essentially just EAAs nowadays, with an all-natural preworkout) as I've switched over from regular weighttraining to CrossFit. I've been taking no supplements besides the pre-workout given that I'm on TEI still, and I've wanted to add in EAA's after all I've heard about their benefits from listening to Ben Greenfield's podcast. I tried his Kion Aminos, and added them to my stash this weekend. I'm currently off TEI currently until my next test comes in, and I'm feeling fantastic - but that's besides the point..... anyway, after taking the Aminos I felt like my digestion took a major hit. It's the only change that day from my normal routine.

What would be causing the ill-effect from EAAs? From what I know, they're relatively a natural product.... I'd like to continue using them for workouts, becuase they made a world of difference it seemed in my workout intensity and recovery afterward from a pretty brutal WOD.
Which preworkout are you using?

EAAs were always kind of heavy in my stomach even prior to fin. However, I noticed this effect diminishes when taken together in a preworkout with caffeine. I'm assuming the caffeine fixes the EAA gut issue, maybe by increasing the uptake or increasing metabolism.

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Which preworkout are you using?

EAAs were always kind of heavy in my stomach even prior to fin. However, I noticed this effect diminishes when taken together in a preworkout with caffeine. I'm assuming the caffeine fixes the EAA gut issue, maybe by increasing the uptake or increasing metabolism.
This might be what is happening to me. I might need to time it better with the preworkout.

I'm currently using Naked Energy - https://www.amazon.com/Naked-Energy-Friendly-Unflavored-Sweeteners/dp/B071ZDD3HL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Naked+Energy&qid=1567531777&s=hpc&sr=1-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM1pTOEZGWUlaSFFIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDU1OTE5QVNCSkVMNkE3MVJRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMjA2MDkyRVNZMEpGVkNKT1JWJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

And before that I was using Ascent - https://www.amazon.com/Ascent-Pre-Workout-Raspberry-Lemonade/dp/B07C4616N2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Ascent+Pre+Workout&qid=1567531767&s=hpc&sr=1-3&th=1

Both are pretty awesome ingredient wise and not super cracked-out feeling. I know you're familiar with the Naked brand from using Naked Egg protein. The one plus to Ascent is it actually tastes good. The Naked Energy that I have has no taste and really is awful to drink down without mixing it with something. I'd probably get one of the flavors next time if I stick with it vs Ascent.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
This might be what is happening to me. I might need to time it better with the preworkout.

I'm currently using Naked Energy - https://www.amazon.com/Naked-Energy-Friendly-Unflavored-Sweeteners/dp/B071ZDD3HL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Naked+Energy&qid=1567531777&s=hpc&sr=1-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM1pTOEZGWUlaSFFIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDU1OTE5QVNCSkVMNkE3MVJRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMjA2MDkyRVNZMEpGVkNKT1JWJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

And before that I was using Ascent - https://www.amazon.com/Ascent-Pre-Workout-Raspberry-Lemonade/dp/B07C4616N2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Ascent+Pre+Workout&qid=1567531767&s=hpc&sr=1-3&th=1

Both are pretty awesome ingredient wise and not super cracked-out feeling. I know you're familiar with the Naked brand from using Naked Egg protein. The one plus to Ascent is it actually tastes good. The Naked Energy that I have has no taste and really is awful to drink down without mixing it with something. I'd probably get one of the flavors next time if I stick with it vs Ascent.
Great, thanks man. I will try the Naked one. For me, anything that increases cortisol or ACTH I feel good on (caffeine, nicotine, guarana etc) but it is good to find a preworkout that isn't loaded with so much other stuff.

Do you take that PW in combo with endoamp?

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Great, thanks man. I will try the Naked one. For me, anything that increases cortisol or ACTH I feel good on (caffeine, nicotine, guarana etc) but it is good to find a preworkout that isn't loaded with so much other stuff.

Do you take that PW in combo with endoamp?
I haven’t been taking Endoamp with it out of trying to keep it minimalist while on TEI. The Naked preworkout is awesome though. And the Ascent as well. Might cycle em one month on for each.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
From what I know, they're relatively a natural product

These days theres nothing more natural than a pharmaceutical.
Natural is eggs, steak, fruits thats natural, are you trying to convince yourself what natural is in the name of powders and pharmaceuticals !?
That doesnt change the fact those increase strength, size, recovery when exercising, while on them, but all goes down if one discontinue just for a day or two.

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
These days theres nothing more natural than a pharmaceutical.
Natural is eggs, steak, fruits thats natural, are you trying to convince yourself what natural is in the name of powders and pharmaceuticals !?
That doesnt change the fact those increase strength, size, recovery when exercising, while on them, but all goes down if one discontinue just for a day or two.
Essential Amino Acids aren't pharmaceuticals. They're naturally occurring compounds in proteins, etc. I understand what you're getting at, where "natural" means getting it from foods and whole food type items - but comparing a supplement like EAAs to a pharmaceutical isn't a really great analogy.

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada
Essential Amino Acids aren't pharmaceuticals. They're naturally occurring compounds in proteins, etc. I understand what you're getting at, where "natural" means getting it from foods and whole food type items - but comparing a supplement like EAAs to a pharmaceutical isn't a really great analogy.
The problem here guys is that virtually any "supplement" isn't natural, especially if they specifically contain isolated nutrients. Have you ever thought about how individual vitamins, minerals or amino acids are extracted from foods? That 30g tub of vitamin c, where did it come from? How did they process it? Well, if you look into it, all supplements and even some "whole food sourced" supplements are made via using hexane or kerosene. Most supplements are toxic. The best thing to do is eat food and make sure that food was grown in rich soils.

Back before electricity and gas stoves, people use to burn wood. The ashes that are left over is largely comprised of minerals. These minerals were then sprinkled into gardens and soil. The bacteria and plants would uptake the minerals and make them bio-available again. Then we eat the plants or the animals that ate those plants. That's how we had nutrient dense foods. Now soils just have NPK in them and are nutrient-void.

Don't want to turn this into something else but yes, even I've seen benefits from supplementing Glycine from AOR, I'm sure its synthetic.

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
The problem here guys is that virtually any "supplement" isn't natural, especially if they specifically contain isolated nutrients. Have you ever thought about how individual vitamins, minerals or amino acids are extracted from foods? That 30g tub of vitamin c, where did it come from? How did they process it? Well, if you look into it, all supplements and even some "whole food sourced" supplements are made via using hexane or kerosene. Most supplements are toxic. The best thing to do is eat food and make sure that food was grown in rich soils.

Back before electricity and gas stoves, people use to burn wood. The ashes that are left over is largely comprised of minerals. These minerals were then sprinkled into gardens and soil. The bacteria and plants would uptake the minerals and make them bio-available again. Then we eat the plants or the animals that ate those plants. That's how we had nutrient dense foods. Now soils just have NPK in them and are nutrient-void.

Don't want to turn this into something else but yes, even I've seen benefits from supplementing Glycine from AOR, I'm sure its synthetic.
I agree with your statement, and you explained it well. I’m not claiming it’s not synthetic, I just mean it’s not like finasteride or alprazolam and a synthetic pharm that doesn’t occur in the body. Your statement I completely agree with however. It’s best in Whole Food form, no doubt.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
but comparing a supplement like EAAs to a pharmaceutical isn't a really great analogy.

Haha i was right, you are trying to convince yourself that those supplements are all good taking into account the word "essential" and implying it into the supplement and cancelling the fact those essential extract does not come from food but from a capsule.

Yes vitamins, amino acids are not that hardcore like straight androgens etc, but they are not natural.
Now you show you get the point i made and you keep jumping around not admitting the reality.

After all you can eat whatever you want and you know what if its getting cold, just reheat it, but
dont try to convince everybody that some pharmaceutical product is something natural to the body, just because it say " essential" on its label or just because vitamin, amino acids is not same analogy to finasteride in terms of hardcore effect or because you are trying to convince yourself those are some natural for you to use. Are you serious.

If you wanna eat some, eat it, dont try to convince others that this is the natural thing.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
I haven’t been taking Endoamp with it out of trying to keep it minimalist while on TEI. The Naked preworkout is awesome though. And the Ascent as well. Might cycle em one month on for each.
Sweet, thanks. Yeah, I use naked egg protein, I haven't really dived into any of their other stuff though. It is stupid though regarding some of those reviews about people complaining about the taste. What do they expect when you want something without a bunch of fake ass chemicals, Lol. That is the entire point in the first place, taste should not be priority.

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Haha i was right, you are trying to convince yourself that those supplements are all good taking into account the word "essential" and implying it into the supplement and cancelling the fact those essential extract does not come from food but from a capsule.

Yes vitamins, amino acids are not that hardcore like straight androgens etc, but they are not natural.
Now you show you get the point i made and you keep jumping around not admitting the reality.

After all you can eat whatever you want and you know what if its getting cold, just reheat it, but
dont try to convince everybody that some pharmaceutical product is something natural to the body, just because it say " essential" on its label or just because vitamin, amino acids is not same analogy to finasteride in terms of hardcore effect or because you are trying to convince yourself those are some natural for you to use. Are you serious.

If you wanna eat some, eat it, dont try to convince others that this is the natural thing.
Christ alive, man - I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. I’m clarifying your initial analogy sucked ass, it’s not a pharmaceutical as I would call it in America today. I even told you that “I got” what you were meaning. If you tried to reason in a way that didn’t make you seem like you’re trying to belittle the intelligence of others that post here on every single topic I see you post on, it would probably attract a lot more people to your views and opinions. Just my .02.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Christ alive, man - I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. I’m clarifying your initial analogy sucked ass, it’s not a pharmaceutical as I would call it in America today. I even told you that “I got” what you were meaning. If you tried to reason in a way that didn’t make you seem like you’re trying to belittle the intelligence of others that post here on every single topic I see you post on, it would probably attract a lot more people to your views and opinions. Just my .02.

I have to reread the last 2/3 of your post to understand what you try to tell me, but for the first 1/3 of it you are wrong.

Just because pharmaceutical word doesnt match your understanding of all the man made chemicals or it does match something from your understandings like today called in America.... ))))
it doesnt mean all that crap is not made in same, similar FACTORIES in ASIA or somewhere else with goods as base coming from Asia.

You crazy or what, i have to play some words game here with you, as you catching on some words: "essential" amino acids, pharmaceuticals.

Yeah all that is petroleum based, but you can call it whatever you want, making it into categories )))

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I even told you that “I got” what you were meaning. If you tried to reason in a way that didn’t make you seem like you’re trying to belittle the intelligence of others that post here on every single topic I see you post on, it would probably attract a lot more people to your views and opinions. Just my .02.

You got what i mean in quotes ))) Is like if i say: "I got you"

You actually talk about attraction, ok so you think i will post to attract more people to my posts ))
Talk is cheap they say, so how much this virtual attraction will benefit me ?

There is difference b/w intelligence, brains, success, experience.

Its funny you see my posts as im trying to belittle someones intelligence as im not sure if this is even possible.
Someones intelligence is quiet resilient btw, you have it or you dont or is just to particular level, which means if you cant change it very fast how someone from outside will be able to affect it and especially in the way you accused me of doing it with the intelligence of people i interact or my posts in general !?

In this regard of intelligence, do you think if someone tell you something straight up, you will be able to understand it as you just said you understood what i meant by saying to me " I got " what you mean. This is confusing to me, isnt it same for you !?

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
You got what i mean in quotes ))) Is like if i say: "I got you"

You actually talk about attraction, ok so you think i will post to attract more people to my posts ))
Talk is cheap they say, so how much this virtual attraction will benefit me ?

There is difference b/w intelligence, brains, success, experience.

Its funny you see my posts as im trying to belittle someones intelligence as im not sure if this is even possible.
Someones intelligence is quiet resilient btw, you have it or you dont or is just to particular level, which means if you cant change it very fast how someone from outside will be able to affect it and especially in the way you accused me of doing it with the intelligence of people i interact or my posts in general !?

In this regard of intelligence, do you think if someone tell you something straight up, you will be able to understand it as you just said you understood what i meant by saying to me " I got " what you mean. This is confusing to me, isnt it same for you !?
relax bud

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Sweet, thanks. Yeah, I use naked egg protein, I haven't really dived into any of their other stuff though. It is stupid though regarding some of those reviews about people complaining about the taste. What do they expect when you want something without a bunch of fake ass chemicals, Lol. That is the entire point in the first place, taste should not be priority.
Right, I guess they expect it to taste like a Bang with none of the "extras", lol. I swear man, so many people at my gym drink down Bang's like nothing......that shit isn't healthy.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Right, I guess they expect it to taste like a Bang with none of the "extras", lol. I swear man, so many people at my gym drink down Bang's like nothing......that shit isn't healthy.

@Boris Im ok man, but check this out above.
Walker is gonna get to my point eventually even he is not admitting it literally on purpose just because im not gentle with him. He will come to the conclusion that all this is foreign to the body and away from healthy.

People take all kinds of foreign stuff and they wonder why cant get better faster, well thats the answer. The answer stays in your gym shaker bottle, in your cabinet full of bottles ,in your glove compartment of your chevy truck, etc.

The answer is getting at least a few times in your body each day ,beginning with waking up: protein shake, other suppl, before workout ,during workout, post workout, before bed. Living off of a shaker bottle. Is this Health with H !?

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
@Boris Im ok man, but check this out above.
Walker is gonna get to my point eventually even he is not admitting it literally on purpose just because im not gentle with him. He will come to the conclusion that all this is foreign to the body and away from healthy.

People take all kinds of foreign stuff and they wonder why cant get better faster, well thats the answer. The answer stays in your gym shaker bottle, in your cabinet full of bottles ,in your glove compartment of your chevy truck, etc.

The answer is getting at least a few times in your body each day ,beginning with waking up: protein shake, other suppl, before workout ,during workout, post workout, before bed. Living off of a shaker bottle. Is this Health with H !?
I couldn't give a shit less if you're gentle on me or not, bud. I'm not mad and or "hurt" by your comments - I just don't have time to argue on the internet with a self-claimed internet Aristotle. Your opinion is yours, and that's fine - couldn't care less. I told you that I got what you meant, and I too agree that whole food based supplementation is better than supplementing with external supplements. What I don't get, however, is why you're continuing the discussion.

Let me spell it out for you - I A G R E E W I T H Y O U. I just thought your analogy was shit - most people on this forum would not equal EAAs to a pharm like finasteride, alprazolam, etc.

As well, I got better with stuff from my cabinet and supplements in the past. I don't need your personal anecdote on it. First hand account will always beat free internet opinions. Doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid however, and that I don't agree with you.

See my post above with @MCurtone - I basically agreed with the same thing you're saying here. We did so easily.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I couldn't give a shit less if you're gentle on me or not, bud. I'm not mad and or "hurt" by your comments - I just don't have time to argue on the internet with a self-claimed internet Aristotle. Your opinion is yours, and that's fine - couldn't care less. I told you that I got what you meant, and I too agree that whole food based supplementation is better than supplementing with external supplements. What I don't get, however, is why you're continuing the discussion.

Let me spell it out for you - I A G R E E W I T H Y O U. I just thought your analogy was shit - most people on this forum would not equal EAAs to a pharm like finasteride, alprazolam, etc.

As well, I got better with stuff from my cabinet and supplements in the past. I don't need your personal anecdote on it. First hand account will always beat free internet opinions. Doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid however, and that I don't agree with you.

See my post above with @MCurtone - I basically agreed with the same thing you're saying here. We did so easily.

I cant read all of your posts..., and the way you present this is ridiculous, you dont have time for arguing, like other people have. But you have the time to catch on some words and while you accuse other of belittle stuff, you do the same.

Why you need to say you are careless, thats seen from your posts ,you dont care, otherwise you wont say a chemical its essential just because it says this on the label.

" most people on this forum would not equal EAAs to a pharm like finasteride, alprazolam, etc "

Thats their understanding, some people eat hormones as a candy ,are they right, no.

"Let me spell it out for you - I A G R E E W I T H Y O U. "

You cant be Aristotle you are not that special, whoever he was, but let me spell it for you as well: HYPOCRITE
Now you came to say you agree with what i say, not as " I got you "

Last edited:

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
I cant read all of your posts..., and the way you present this is ridiculous, you dont have time for arguing, like other people have. But you have the time to catch on some words and while you accuse other of belittle stuff, you do the same.

Why you need to say you are careless, thats seen from your posts ,you dont care, otherwise you wont say a chemical its essential just because it says this on the label.

" most people on this forum would not equal EAAs to a pharm like finasteride, alprazolam, etc "

Thats their understanding, some people eat hormones as a candy ,are they right, no.

"Let me spell it out for you - I A G R E E W I T H Y O U. "

You cant be Aristotle you are not that special, whoever he was, but let me spell it for you as well: HYPOCRITE
Now you came to say you agree with what i say, not as " I got you "
Why are you still arguing this point my man? I agree with you. For the love of God.