Electrolyte Protocol/Zinc Finger Logs

Status
  • Deleted by Boris

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
I personally loved the Electrolyte trial that was tried with 18 people, great sharing of experiences and advice given to each other.
Let's see if we can replicate that with the zinc finger protocol!

The goal is to log our progress and we can ask each other questions to finalize this protocol. So, in this thread each of us will post the following in our initial post:

• Starting regimen (i.e. supplements, diet and dosages were are using)
  • Condition you are treating
  • The date we started (I know a few of us already started, which is fine, we would just post our regimen with the date when we started)
After your initial post, you simplly just provide updates on a daily or every other day basis. Updates can be short, like "doing great, improvements in all areas" or "libido and energy seem lower" etc. no need for super detailed logs, just one or two sentences.

Please only post on topic, so we can improve the protocol and give eachother tips. Questions about swimming in the sea and other stuff will be reported to Tubzy the almighty.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
I will start:
  • Started protocol on 24 Feb
  • Treating PSSD, which i have since 2015. I have full windows with SJW and moclobemide, which lasted about a week. Not sure why it rebounced, but it happens to many PSSD sufferers.
Regimen:
  • Betaine HCl ~ 1 pill, 2 times a day
  • 2 tablets digestive enzymes in the morning
  • 500mg potassium chloride (once or twice a day)
  • 250mg magnesium chloride daily (i start low, might up it slowly, 1 pill=500mg which equals 62mg elemental mag)
  • Amino acids in the evening
  • 500mg L-cysteine
  • 500mg L-histidine CL
  • I will add 2 mg copper in week 2
Results will be added on a regular basis, no side-effects so far, but i am only in the build-up phase.

Hope other will join and add their experiences!

Last edited:

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
First day with histidine and cysteine and 2nd with the electrolytes.
No side-effects so-far, but mag dose is low still.
Woke up with morning wood and seem to have a bit more energy today but it is weekend so lets see. Brainfog seems less in the afternoon too, which is nice.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018
CA
I will start:
  • Started protocol on 24 Feb
  • Treating PSSD, which i have since 2015. I have full windows with SJW and moclobemide, which lasted about a week. Not sure why it rebounced, but it happens to many PSSD sufferers.
Regimen:
  • Betaine HCl ~ 1 pill, 2 times a day
  • 2 tablets digestive enzymes in the morning
  • 500mg potassium chloride (once or twice a day)
  • 250mg magnesium chloride daily (i start low, might up it slowly, 1 pill=500mg which equals 62mg elemental mag)
  • Amino acids in the evening
  • 500mg L-cysteine
  • 500mg L-histidine CL
  • I will add 2 mg copper in week 2
Results will be added on a regular basis, no side-effects so far, but i am only in the build-up phase.

Hope other will join and add their experiences!
Can you please specify amino acid brand or combination since there are so many on the market. Thanks.

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
I am actually following the same protocol for a few days now. I also use sillicone.

Will keep you updated as well!

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
Woke up with more energy today, no real impact on libido yet. Feel a bit tense today, but it is better than having anhedonia/ brainfog so ill take it. No other side effects so far, will stay on 250 MgCl this week, might add low dose copper on friday.

Mood: 6/10
Libido: 3/10
Energy: 7/10 (in the morning, lets see if it lasts the entire day)

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Boron3mg, zinc15mg (added these two minerals Friday)
Histidine, Lysine, arginine, l-methionine, serine, glycine- all 500mgs
Potassium 99mg
NAC w molybdenum, selenium
Above- I do twice a day morning and night.

Betaine HCL- 2-3 capusules depending on meal size

malic acid 1-2g

Pink Himalayan salt

NADH 10mg- morning

Essential amino acids- 1 serving in day

Zinc/boron has been a gigantic difference maker. Clear headedness, fatigue going down immensely.

Woke up feeling really clear headed, drank some alcohol Saturday and no fatigue at all sunday, Monday. Body temp in 98s, feel warm. Still some minor food allergies, but I'm on antibiotics right now for epidimitis post surgery (testicular torsion.) Sexuality hard to gauge, but zinc seems to bring on aggression, desire to do things. Boron seems to be the thing helping fatigue big time.

I need these balls to get better. I was really seeing good things sexually before I got hurt, but didn't have minerals down so I was crashing with brain fog, fatigue. Now I think I have a good starting point with minerals. Will be having Dr. Lawrence Wilson look at my hair test results with a practitioner who I will be speaking to later this week.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Copper killed me. I have hair test results. Copper toxic. High in calcium, magnesium. I'm going to put a link to my hair test in my signature. Zinc, boron has been amazing for fatigue, brain fog, light sensitivity last few days I'm shocked and really excited about it.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
Small update: still on protocol from post 1. No side effects, energy is ok, sleep is ok. No real effect on libido, but it is too soon to tell. Will up the Mg on friday and introduce copper slowly. No plans to introduce Zinc for now.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
Today was mixed, had bit more libido last night and slept ok, but i got a major headache this afternoon that stuck around. Not sure if this is because of the supps, i took 1mg copper last night at dinner for the first time (would be a late side effect but who knows). As i have an important day at the office tomorrow i decided to pause the Mg and Copper for today( eventhough it are low doses). Still have a feeling this stack is building up a positive impact on libido slowly.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Today was mixed, had bit more libido last night and slept ok, but i got a major headache this afternoon that stuck around. Not sure if this is because of the supps, i took 1mg copper last night at dinner for the first time (would be a late side effect but who knows). As i have an important day at the office tomorrow i decided to pause the Mg and Copper for today( eventhough it are low doses). Still have a feeling this stack is building up a positive impact on libido slowly.
Thanks for the update. Remember to adjust accordingly. I personally never added in zinc/copper with this protocol (electrolytes specifically) so hard for me to gauge in this scenario. Given that many people are treating different issues (PSSD, PFS, POIS etc) you will probably have to use process of elimination method to see what works best for you (i.e. drop mag chloride or stop betaine HCL while continuing the rest of the protocol to see what you feel best on etc. you get the point).

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah exactly. On the pssd forums some others are also experiencing benefits from l-histidine and l-cys. But @gbolduev said before that copper is needed here as the protocol will lower copper eventually.
I had clear windows before, eg with SJW, but was never able to make it stick.
Ill try out adding and reducing hcl, MG and copper to see whats causing side effects.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I crashed with fatigue the last couple days now, I think from excess zinc or potassium or both combined hurt me.
Also gotta realize I've been doing zero physical activity (surgery on testicle lol) after I was doing a lot which I think helped my fatigue.

I've had times of random erections and libido bursts even with fatigue, but I really need to figure out mineral balancing. I'm actually supposed to get mineral recommendations from Dr. Wilson in the next couple of days so I'm excited for that. I know that zinc, boron are two things that realllllly made me feel nice this past weekend. So I believe I'm not too far off with the right help.

Just doing betaine and aminos today, no minerals. Also I'm on antibiotics which I believe really hurt sexuality when I first went on them. I will be on antibiotics until the end of the weekend. Testicle is getting better, but that is priority #1 for me right now.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
I crashed with fatigue the last couple days now, I think from excess zinc or potassium or both combined hurt me.
Also gotta realize I've been doing zero physical activity (surgery on testicle lol) after I was doing a lot which I think helped my fatigue.

I've had times of random erections and libido bursts even with fatigue, but I really need to figure out mineral balancing. I'm actually supposed to get mineral recommendations from Dr. Wilson in the next couple of days so I'm excited for that. I know that zinc, boron are two things that realllllly made me feel nice this past weekend. So I believe I'm not too far off with the right help.

Just doing betaine and aminos today, no minerals. Also I'm on antibiotics which I believe really hurt sexuality when I first went on them. I will be on antibiotics until the end of the weekend. Testicle is getting better, but that is priority #1 for me right now.
No more minerals lol. Don't add zinc, boron etc you risk throwing yourself out of balance if you don't know what you are doing, just stick to standard protocol and adjust accordingly.

Just eat good and let the body put it where it needs it by following the standard protocol

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
No more minerals lol. Don't add zinc, boron etc you risk throwing yourself out of balance if you don't know what you are doing, just stick to standard protocol and adjust accordingly.

Just eat good and let the body put it where it needs it by following the standard protocol
I’m getting help from Dr. Wilson through a nutritionist. Should have his results on recommendations based on my hair test shortly.

I’m going to follow his stuff for a bit and see where it gets me.

I wouldn’t be surprised that based on my subtype, I’m basically someone that only needs supplementation every several days or so. As we saw with @Raincoast with EOD supplementation.

I saw a lot of success with just mental normalness last week which was cool- fatigue was goneee. But can’t have these crashes.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
Libido was actually a bit up before the headache came. I removed everything, except 1 cap HCL betaine twice a day, 500mg Potassium, 500mg L-histidine and 500mg L-cysteine.
Good news is that the headache is gone, but unfortunately also my libido spike and my energy, Will build it up slowly with Mg tonight and see if that changes anything in low dosage. Might add enzymes, amino's later, but i want to pinpoint what i can take and what not. Adding copper will be the last step.

Really want to take my time for this, but progress is slow. Might move to Levonorgestel if this doesnt work out

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
Only taking 60mg MgCL, 500mg Pottasium, 500mg L-HistidineHCL and 500mg L-Cysteine at the moment.
No headaches anymore but also no impact on libido.

Goal is to slowly build up Magnesium this week and add copper later on. Been trial-and-error to first see what i can take without getting headaches and then see if it impacts libido at all. Only reason i am continueing this is because i had a couple of days with clear improvements, so lets see what will happen if i keep this a clean trial.

Status
  • Deleted by Boris