Cistanche and insane itchy seborrheic dermatitis

Andrea

Jul 4, 2019
Italy
I tried cistanche tubulosa, it fixed immediately libido and erections, unfortunately I developed hyperandrogenism with acne, insane seborrhea and atopic eczema around body. The itch is horrible. Paradoxically cistanche gave me the skin I used to have before pfs (with pfs my eczema cleared up definitely).
I read also about cistanche effect on gut microbiome.
I stopped cistanche a months ago but the horrible effect on skin remains.
At the moment atopic dermatitis around body and acne are gone away but my face and my scalp are insanely oily.
Eczema on face is terrible and the itch is insane.
I am using msm and green tea extract to calm the skin but they are not helpful.
I started to apply locally betamethasone and I have a temporary relief. (very good with oral betamethasone)
I used to calm skin with tacrolimus ointment, very effective.
However I need to understand the root cause.
Cistanche increases dramatically 5ar2 (it's also an immune booster I read) so now I have insane 5ar2 activity probably.
What should I do? I'm afraid to reuse a 5ari like saw palmetto.
Any advice?
Thx.

vicecaz

Oct 7, 2017
What's your diet like?

I wish trib and cistanche had such dramatic effects on me, to be honest!
Don't touch any 5AR inhibitor

If I were you, I'd try taurine/glycine/TUDCA to see if that helps clear your SD, it did in my case

Andrea

Jul 4, 2019
Italy
What's your diet like?

I wish trib and cistanche had such dramatic effects on me, to be honest!
Don't touch any 5AR inhibitor

If I were you, I'd try taurine/glycine/TUDCA to see if that helps clear your SD, it did in my case
Thank you for your reply.
At the moment meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, no milk, no dairy, no alcohol, low carb.
I experimented during years (also before pfs) and the eczema seems not related to diet.
I noticed however an interesting reaction.
Before pfs only caffeine and alcohol triggered eczema.
After pfs only caffeine triggers the eczema.
Probably I have very strong immune system (never sick) and cistanche boosted it too much.
About TUDCA, I tried it last year...
Better digestion and stools but INSANE ITCHING AND DERMATITIS. Nevermore.

Andrea

Jul 4, 2019
Italy
UPDATE: Quick and effective relief with protopic (tacrolimus).
Do you know some immunosuppressant herbs to fix the problem?
Body is fine, only strong dermatitis on temples (today I have to wake up early due to insane itch).

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
dude is your excema really bad? I think mine was earlier on but it was still better than childhood? No asthma nor allergies (outside of say food intolerances bc of finasteride)?
i have the trifecta plus a lot of other shyt (mostly cool shit like mania and adhd tho). nearly no excema but i moisturize 80 000 times a day. I guess I do have excema a bit but im in a very dry city. it's better in humid cities (I hate the humidity bc I sweat like a whore in church).

does all coffee even just espresso trigger your excema? all alcohol? or wine?? vodka, scotch also??? im fine with those all except maybe wine. I don't like wine anyways - sugar and all that, 6-8% it's not enough.

there's a guy who had some results and was almost done I think but mostly mental side effects, and he did CD's but then left I think and took antiretroviral / immunosuppressant stuff, he's riding it out I believe.

Andrea

Jul 4, 2019
Italy
dude is your excema really bad? I think mine was earlier on but it was still better than childhood? No asthma nor allergies (outside of say food intolerances bc of finasteride)?
i have the trifecta plus a lot of other shyt (mostly cool shit like mania and adhd tho). nearly no excema but i moisturize 80 000 times a day. I guess I do have excema a bit but im in a very dry city. it's better in humid cities (I hate the humidity bc I sweat like a whore in church).

does all coffee even just espresso trigger your excema? all alcohol? or wine?? vodka, scotch also??? im fine with those all except maybe wine. I don't like wine anyways - sugar and all that, 6-8% it's not enough.

there's a guy who had some results and was almost done I think but mostly mental side effects, and he did CD's but then left I think and took antiretroviral / immunosuppressant stuff, he's riding it out I believe.
Bad but only in my temples. Protopic resolves quickly.
Only coffee triggers my eczema.

Andrea

Jul 4, 2019
Italy
Seems that cistanche have boosted too much CD4+ T cells creating an imbalance ratio Th1/Th2 (in fact I have atopic dermatitis again like pre pfs).
At the moment it's not terrible like before but I have some skin rashes and my skin becomes red and itchy without no reason (no trigger foods, no stimulants).
I don't know for how long the effect of cistanche will last, in the meanwhile I can successfully treat eczema with protopic (tacrolimus oil).

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Seems that cistanche have boosted too much CD4+ T cells creating an imbalance ratio Th1/Th2 (in fact I have atopic dermatitis again like pre pfs).
At the moment it's not terrible like before but I have some skin rashes and my skin becomes red and itchy without no reason (no trigger foods, no stimulants).
I don't know for how long the effect of cistanche will last, in the meanwhile I can successfully treat eczema with protopic (tacrolimus oil).
Have you considered balancing TH1 and TH2 with other herbs like Echinacea, Andrographis etc?