CASEs of PFS and things to try .

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
I think I AM case 1 and could try ACTH injecrion (I have a source 4 Synacthen) and/OR potassium loading. But since I have done TEI I feel much better than before I started so probably changed body chemistry. I might get bloodwork after this cycles.
Where are you going to get the Synacthen from ?

Getting new labs is always a good idea. I’m slacking on this. It’s so expansive here in the US to get blood work done. Especially hormone blood work.

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands

Getting new labs is always a good idea. I’m slacking on this. It’s so expansive here in the US to get blood work done. Especially hormone blood work.
I can get it from Belgium

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands

Maybe you can find the generic: Tetracosactide

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
ya he’s so far off here.

Re: people saying you look good vs. bad or whatever. People just say whatever to make you feel good about yourself.
-- I disagree unless you mean loving caring nice people. Then I guess so, I wouldn't know. I GUESS people that like you and or want you to be happy yes.
-- honest harsh ppl couldn't give a fuck less. even if you're 20x better than them, they'll still hate on you. even great people that are harsh, will be harsh, often. IDK I'm surrounded by hostility (and yeah yeah , i know im pretty hostile at times too).

People don’t check you out enough to tell the difference. If I tell my friends my cheek bones shrunk they’d consider me nuts. CORRECT.
Other males will be like this guys out of his mind!!! "Hey guys do you think my nipples are too erect in this shirt??" people focus on themselves and aren't studying some other dbag's face for sure. most people....

Still tho I attract women that are younger.. maybe I'm immature (I don't think so, I mostly act like a real adult). Anyways, I am certain that if all face was still totally jacked up, I'd still be dateless and sad and fat like most people. I KNOW they're age tho, when I was 22, and they were 18 i thought they were 21, when I was 26 and they were 21, I thought they were 23 but they thought I was 22. Really no one knows what the fuck is going on. Maybe that's just me, I don't know man, whatever.

BUT YES, can we please get back to the topic at hand?? GOSH, guys!!

Pfs certainly changes physical traits beyond mental/sexual. They body changes unfortunately. Fortunately it is entirely fixable and I’ve been living proof of this.
99.99% of humanity are delusional, highly politicized, and borderline-insane hogbeasts anyways so fuck what anyone says about anything, just do you, everyone. also whether they try to help or hinder or if their help is hindering depends on your perception of humanity at large, do you think people are inherently good or evil or neutral? who knows. do you care? i don't.

Last edited:

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
@Helen What about my case, since I don’t fit in either (low DHT, high prog, low cortisol). Which protocol should suit me best?

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
@5 alpha if your progesterone is low , you might not be making NAD. progesterone is there to retain potassium. so if yours is low you cant retain potassium

so if your cant retain potassium and cant make enough progesterone, then your progesterone cant be broken down, and this could be the reason why your 5AR is closed

and this could explain why you are doing better on potassium.

I think you need to test all your hormones at once so you have a clear picture.

Dont forget, that RU is progesterone, and when you are low on progesterone, and you take RU. RU acts like progesterone. RU blocks progesterone only if progesteone is high, since RU is a weaker progesterone.

so if you take RU plus potassium, it is the same as taking progesterone plus potassium, which retains potassium

So your problem it seems stems from no ability to make progesterone. This is why when you quit RU, in a while you lose your potassium again, and axis close down.

You need to test your hormones. all axis, like pregnenolone progesterone. IDO TDO enzymes. that make NAD needed for progesterone production

you see that if you have no potassium then you have low insulin.

and if you have low insulin you make very low NADPH , and thus your steroid axis is closed. and 5AR is closed down, and estrogen is closed down.

Estrogen is made with NADPH , DHT is made with NADPH. and it needs 3 NADPH to be made. without potassium there is no insulin. so no NADPH.

So the bottom line, you need to test your electrolytes in blood.

progesterone pregnenolone. all hormones.

potassium , insulin.

and you will see your problem. People are undertested and just wondering around blindly.

Progesterone is made with NAD, and NAD is made in Kynurenine pathway

Progesterone is the hormones which retains potassium in the body. so if you cant make progesterone, you are low on potassium. RU is progesterone, so taking potassium with it in cases when progesterone is low, will retain potassium.

If you have low or insensitive progesterone, then it wont retain potassium. without potassium , no NADPH. and your breakdown of cortisol and progesterone will be killed. thus no 5AR.

Another variant is that your progesterone got too sensitive. In this case, it will also close down 3 beta hsd.

And potassium could downregulate it.
If I’m low on progesterone this has me thinking I should just try experimenting with progesterone and potassium for a little while

I’m thinking I’m going to let the Mifepristone and potassium clear my system and get labs. There is too many variables here to guess

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
I mean, 2CRs could be what keeps GR receptors upregulated in the brain. Anyone has a better idea? Metabolic syndrome, hyperphagia(excessive appetite), alergic reaction to foods, cognitive deteroiration and adrenal problems... Do we talking about the same diseases? Do I really have pssd or something different?
FIRST of all, don't treat it like a DISEASE. It's just a word, and we have different use of English, as per being from different countries.

SECOND of all, "metabolic syndrome" could mean, insulin resistance -- all psyche drugs (except the few I like which is nearly none), can cause that, as can SSRI/SNRI's, Fin, etc. Hyperphagia could be all kinds of things - mood shifts, etc. Could be gut biome out of wack. If higher weight than usual and poor digestion, fast. --> that will fast track you, if a slow oxidizer at least, and possibly otherwise, to a quicker recovery. TONS of things can cause cognitive deterioration, this isn't Alzheimers nor Huntingtons, it can go away. Drink a lot, do a lot of drugs, stay up 14 days, all those things will worsen cognition. Adrenal problems? Every person that ever has existed and will ever exist will have "Adrenal Fatigue" listed by ARL and TEI.

If those 5 things are the only symptoms, it should be extraordinarily easy, to resolve.

Edit: Well yeah, it definitely can seem like a "disease" at first, however, it gets way better. It's a syndrome. People treat HIV etc now easier with less thought than most these things (not all, and mostly in rich countries). TEI, Fasting.

You could be a slow oxidizer or fast oxidizer and still ripped to the bone normally. I gained 30-40lb and lost like 12, and then went to normal, and now fitter and leaner than ever. First time overweight in 10-12 years after fin/ that's long gone over 18months. Effexor weight too 10-20 months because I was more of a noob, but that caused mania and probably excessive calories like hell, stubborn estrogenic fat or whatever i thought, all melted away destroyed 2yrs later. Now anything resembling any fat, burned off. On purpose (probably a bit too much tbh).

Edit: Sorry if I sound like I'm yelling. I'm not right now. IF water fasting is out (can take practice, like any skill or endurance test -- tho highly mental clarity enhancing), if that and TEI/ARL are out, try gut protocol, by Ocguy and followed by others. Just be anti-inflammatory. It's inflammation and destroyed metabolism (temporarily), among other things.

@5 alpha maybe 2 weeks or more... maybe a month but if in a rush maybe wait at least 10-14 days pre tests to remove Ru-486 from system. Exact timing? who knows.
maybe 5.5 half lifes... but no need to be insanely precise.

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
If I’m low on progesterone this has me thinking I should just try experimenting with progesterone and potassium for a little while

I’m thinking I’m going to let the Mifepristone and potassium clear my system and get labs. There is too many variables here to guess

yes, you should def test your blood for all hormones and see clear picture. what is going on .

It will take a while for mife to clear your system though

I

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
Have you ever taken Mifepristone, progesterone or potassium?
Potassium and progesterone I tried. Didn't do anything of significance.

Not sure how RU would help me as it also hasn't cured anybody here :)

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
More in depth Response here:
Potassium and progesterone I tried. Didn't do anything of significance.

Not sure how RU would help me as it also hasn't cured anybody here :)
-Could switch something on, help push closer to recovery. like randro fasting electrolytes tei. cd's. sum of parts is greater than the effect of any part. (or net cummulative and multiplicative effect is greater than individual effects in summation). (I don't know how to say that expression, but something like that).
-Edit: Aristotle: "The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts." -- I knew it was that, that sounded too easy. Mine works too, just more wordy.

***MNK - ∞ LOG* - --2.27a Oct. Was 99 9mo or less ** Ergo, MY Focus = wrk, focus/mood. NF + TEI (minor).*** myb 48/50 48.5/50 sx by 6-11mo.
(no good way to title that log esp in a short way).

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Wanted to add here, also that we are forgetting that 5AR reductase also breaks down aldosterone. and aldosterone direction controls estrogen.

since estrogen controls noradrenaline, and noradrenaline and aldosterone are 2 systems which control blood pressure.

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada
So no 5ar to break down aldosterone = high levels of aldosterone = receptors downregulate.

Perhaps that explains why salt makes some people feel worse? Only way to upregulate would be to stop salt and potassium for some time? But at the same time if 5ar returns after stopping fin, then this should correct itself over time?

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
@Helen - want me to get bloods in and try an RU + R-Andro run for a bit over Christmas? I'll let things settle following my Licorice root/Nystatin experiments then can be free in a few weeks.

Would also just Dexa if you want instead.

Any suggestions on dosages for each? I'd guess at:

RU (200mg) and R-Andro (400mg) ED
-or-
Dexa (0.5mg) ED, 1 week on 1 week off (as per Cytochrome)

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@Helen - want me to get bloods in and try an RU + R-Andro run for a bit over Christmas? I'll let things settle following my Licorice root/Nystatin experiments then can be free in a few weeks.

Would also just Dexa if you want instead.

Any suggestions on dosages for each? I'd guess at:

RU (200mg) and R-Andro (400mg) ED
-or-
Dexa (0.5mg) ED, 1 week on 1 week off (as per Cytochrome)

yeah, I will give you a list of bloods to test

slader1

Nov 17, 2019
I think cortisol probably. Could also be shut off estrogen. When I crashed my estrogen my face became extremelt sunken in. Before that IT was the opposite holding water.

Now my face is still pretty sunken but on upswings my face looks normal again. I think IT is partly mental/delusion. There is no way the face van change within 1 Day. But IT literally looks like I never had PFS on those upswing days.

And sinde neurosteroids are involved I would not be suprised if IT affects literally everything. Even how you perceive reality.
What do you mean by "IT"?

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
@Helen Proud of you for good formatting <3 much more clear to understand, very helpful bud))

This thread will be very important moving forward, because I think everything here is correct and everything else branches out from here.

Everyone needs bloods of the following, others are still important but these are key indicators:

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
DHT
Estradiol (E2)
SHBG
Progesterone
Cortisol
Transcortin (CBG)
ACTH
Aldosterone
Sodium (Serum & Cell)
Potassium (Serum & Cell)
Calcium (Serum & Cell)

No one should randomly start treating themselves until they do TEI & get bloods. It's the best way to see what route works for you. Also, if you really want to contribute, follow that rule and share your results so we can gather more samples and data. It will help conclude what routes work for what types of PFS.
what kind of test looks at sodium/potassium in the cell? Also, w/o these labs can we still follow TEI protocol safely??