Brix's PFS Log

brix

Oct 4, 2017
2 month update:

Hair shedding is back big time. Stools are slowly getting worse. Libido and erections are ok. Notice more morning wood though. I think I’m going to stop today and see where my baseline is at now.

brix

Oct 4, 2017
I have been off TEI for a while now. Honestly, don’t feel like it did much while on or off. I went on vacation for a few days last week eating junk and drinking and came back leaner than I was while taking TEI. My hair shedding remains the same. Libido and erections are good. Premature ejaculation still unchanged.

I ordered some minocycline, an antibiotic, which also acts as an anti-inflammatory. Have read that it helps sebhorreic dermatitis. I believe this is what is causing my hair loss as it worse when I have flare ups.

I think I am done with supplements. I just want to focus on healthy diet and lifestyle and I think this will be the main cause for my healing. Taking all these supplements is probably what is keeping me unbalanced.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Be careful with antibiotic man. Those things really can be dangerous. I’m in weird spot currently where my cfs/ Lyme stuff is mostly gone but dealing with chronic constipation still even after doing a lot of fasting.

I basically fixed my gut before antibiotics over 4-5 months. Then I absolutely f*cking ruined it with antibiotics again lol smh.

Stools just changed so much it’s really incredible how much antibiotics can affect the system. My chiropractor said one week of antibiotics knocks out a full years worth of healthy gut bacteria.

@Helen mentioned it’s possible that antibiotics are the reason why people get cfs in the first place. Fungus/ yeast/ Candida just finds its way into the system with them.

Not trying to say don’t use it. But just warning you.

brix

Oct 4, 2017
Be careful with antibiotic man. Those things really can be dangerous. I’m in weird spot currently where my cfs/ Lyme stuff is mostly gone but dealing with chronic constipation still even after doing a lot of fasting.

I basically fixed my gut before antibiotics over 4-5 months. Then I absolutely f*cking ruined it with antibiotics again lol smh.

Stools just changed so much it’s really incredible how much antibiotics can affect the system. My chiropractor said one week of antibiotics knocks out a full years worth of healthy gut bacteria.

@Helen mentioned it’s possible that antibiotics are the reason why people get cfs in the first place. Fungus/ yeast/ Candida just finds its way into the system with them.

Not trying to say don’t use it. But just warning you.
I’m aware. Going to dose it low and do a short round of it to see if I notice benefits. I think my whole issue is a change in gut flora that occurred when I moved from Southern CA to the Northwest. Haven’t touched a single antibiotic in over 10 years.

brix

Oct 4, 2017
Little update:

As some of you know, I was trying out 6-keto-progesterone. Around 5mg a day applied topically. It seemed to help initially but it now makes me extremely tired and depressed so I dropped it.

Another issue that has remained for the last few years is low body temp. When I wake up it’s in the 96s and before bed it’s mid 97s. I feel like this needs to go up. Lately, I’ve tried some thyroid (even though I’m a fast oxidizer) to raise my temp to see how I feel, and it raises my temps to 98.3 max and makes me a catabolic furnace. Not sure what the deal is with that.

For now, I am just taking calcium, magnesium topically, taurine and glycine until I want to try something else. Ella has been on my mind and may want to do a high dose run for a few days if I can find a good bulk source.

joekool

Oct 4, 2017
Hey @brix i use 2 drops in water and take it like a shot. But i also swap between kelp pills too.

However, do the iodine patch to see if you're deficient. Use the nascent iodine to paint a small 1" square on the inside of your wrist and let it air dry. Then wait for it to disappear. If it takes less than 8 hours, it means your deficient and will benefit from supplementing

brix

Oct 4, 2017
Hey @brix i use 2 drops in water and take it like a shot. But i also swap between kelp pills too.

However, do the iodine patch to see if you're deficient. Use the nascent iodine to paint a small 1" square on the inside of your wrist and let it air dry. Then wait for it to disappear. If it takes less than 8 hours, it means your deficient and will benefit from supplementing
Right on. I have some kelp laying around. I’ll try that and see how it goes.

brix

Oct 4, 2017
8/4/2019

For the last two weeks, I have been running a low dose testosterone protocol. The test is dissolved in pure DMSO at a concentration of .25mg per drop. I take 2-5 drops per day, sublingual and topical. I take the drops in the AM.

The most obvious positive effects are increased libido, erection frequency, bigger loads, morning wood... feels better than pre-PFS honestly. I’ve noticed I’m getting leaner too, which is nice.

The only negative effects I have noticed are acne on my face and maybe oilier skin.

In bloods, I’ve always had lower test, high prolactin (470s).

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
8/4/2019

For the last two weeks, I have been running a low dose testosterone protocol. The test is dissolved in pure DMSO at a concentration of .25mg per drop. I take 2-5 drops per day, sublingual and topical. I take the drops in the AM.

The most obvious positive effects are increased libido, erection frequency, bigger loads, morning wood... feels better than pre-PFS honestly. I’ve noticed I’m getting leaner too, which is nice.

The only negative effects I have noticed are acne on my face and maybe oilier skin.

In bloods, I’ve always had lower test, high prolactin (470s).
How is your mental symtpoms ?

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
Sounds great Brix. Hopefully things stick even after you quit. I might just copy your protocol in a few months. How were your previous experiences with T-suppletion?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Mostly unchanged. I don’t feel the aggressive-alpha mindset I expected. But less anxiety, less depressive moods for sure.

bud, it looks like you have high serotonin, which causes ACTH release and LH suppression.

did you test your serotonin?

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
@Helen Would low dose T work if normal testosterone therapy never did anything good?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@Helen Would low dose T work if normal testosterone therapy never did anything good?
as I said before. normal or low TRT as some here claimed in reality super high testosterone. which causes tons of sides. like depression lethargy. iron overload.

brix is in catabolism. I think he has high serotonin, which suppresses his LH. and thus feeding tiny amounts of test does him good.

testosterone decreases hepcidin, so increases iron. he has low sodium. on hairtest. so it works for him.

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
as I said before. normal or low TRT as some here claimed in reality super high testosterone. which causes tons of sides. like depression lethargy. iron overload.

brix is in catabolism. I think he has high serotonin, which suppresses his LH. and thus feeding tiny amounts of test does him good.

testosterone decreases hepcidin, so increases iron. he has low sodium. on hairtest. so it works for him.
I was on all kinds of T-suppletion and other than the gel for a few weeks, it never did anything for me. It lowered my T while on it, in fact.
Brix and I are much of the same (fast oxidizers, low hormonal output, low sodium) hence I am interested in what works for him.

brix

Oct 4, 2017
bud, it looks like you have high serotonin, which causes ACTH release and LH suppression.

Have never tested it but I have the high serotonin personality. The high prolactin points to low dopamine/high serotonin as well.

brix

Oct 4, 2017

What causes high serotonin and what’s a good route for normalizing it? Definitely have had high serotonin symptoms before ever taking fin.

I have cyproheptadine on hand but it kills me emotionally. Feel very heartless and flat and turns me into a dick.