Betaine hcl and brain fog.

May 16, 2018
india
From last couple of days using betaine hcl after every meal. As soon as I take a capsule my brain become calm and relaxed. What could be the reason?

My digestive system also improved a lot on betaine hcl, but falls back to previous state as soon as I stop betaine hcl.

Also I observed my hail, skin(oily) are all looking like pre pfs on hcl. But reverts back as soon as I stop.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
From last couple of days using betaine hcl after every meal. As soon as I take a capsule my brain become calm and relaxed. What could be the reason?

My digestive system also improved a lot on betaine hcl, but falls back to previous state as soon as I stop betaine hcl.

Also I observed my hail, skin(oily) are all looking like pre pfs on hcl. But reverts back as soon as I stop.
it jumps starts the entire axis and influences the uptake of electrolytes and amino acids. Check out this post. Just control + F and type in "HCL" @Helen goes through all of it in electrolytes protocol.

https://wikihackstasis.com/electrolyte-protocol

Last edited:

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
@rock with Betaine HCl my digestion improved so much, I went from not being able to tolerate anything to being able to tolerate even the worst junk. It led to me binging a bit which after 3 months resulted in a gut crash. Now I dont tolerate Betaine that well anymore. Dont make that mistake!

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
I remember Helen saying you need potassium (+magnesium?) foods and enough protein. Betaine hcl by itself will lower metabolism (lowers potassium in the cell). So load up on vegetables and potassium food when you take it. Also eat protein with it.