Best things to fix the disconnect?

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
Hi all. Fellow PFS sufferer. Crashed 6 months ago from two doses of Dutasteride after having been on Finasteride for a year. I am doing CD's diet, which has already made a big improvement in gut health these past few weeks. I'm reacting to a lot less foods and can eat dairy now. I can get erect through some brief physical stimulation and it feels good at climax but have issues getting there due to no pleasure in the brain. Biggest symptom I've got going on are specific to the brain at this point.

-Disconnected from reality feeling
-No libido
-Lack of enjoyment or interest
-Slight ringing in ears (comes and goes)
-Blurry vision (comes and goes)
-Sleep issues (varies, but often wake up feeling horrible and sometimes like I'm going seize)
-Nervous system (skin feels sunburnt often)

I've had hormones checked (total T, free T, E, Cortisol, and DHT) and they all look fine. DHT was low from Dutasteride still being the system for awhile (takes 4-6 months to clear) but has recently come back up. I am also on low dose TRT but weaning myself down each week. Biggest complaint I have is the disconnect from reality. What is the best way to go about fixing that?

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
Diet:
-Egg whites with probiotic yogurt for breakfast
-Handful of shrimp with spinach and kale topped with extra virgin olive oil and an avocado on the side for lunch
-Chicken breast fried in some olive oil with steamed broccoli, spinach, and kale on the side
-Will have some various cheeses throughout the day and ice cream as a snack

Supplements:
-A 8,000iu
-B1 100mg
-B5 500mg
-Biotin 5,000mcg
-C 1 gram twice daily
-D 2,000iu
-E 200iu
-Magnesium 500mg
-Potassium 400mg
-Glutathione 500mg
-Milk Thisle 100mg
-Alpha Lipoic Acid 50mg
-L-Tryptophan 1g
-L-Methyfolare 1g
-Mucuna 1g (L-Dopa) twice daily
-Chlorella 6-8 times daily
-Spirulina 6 times daily

Hormones:
-Total T: 844ng/dL
Ref range: 240-871ng/dL

-Free T: 172pg/mL
Ref range: 47-244pg/mL

-DHT: 84ng/dL
Ref range: 30-85ng/dL

-Estrodiol: 22pg/mL
Ref range: <41pg/mL

-LH: 6.1mIU/mL
-FSH: 2.5mIU/mL
Ref range: 1.5-9.3mIU/mL

-Prolactin: 10.4ng/mL
Ref range: 2.1-17.7ng/mL

-SHBG: 37.1nmol/L
Ref range: 11.2-78.1nmol/L

-Cortisol (taken at 11am): 19.2ug/dL
Ref range (AM): 4.3-22.4ug/dL
Ref range (PM): 3.1-16.7ug/dL

-TSH 3rd Gen: 2.246uIU/mL
Ref range: 0.550-4.780uIU/mL

-DHEA-Sulfate: 293.5ug/dL
Ref range: 34.5-568.9ug/dL

Other results:
-High cholesterol
-High platelet count
-Positive ANA
-ANA Titer ratio of 1:640

Medications:
-Ambien 5mg
-Testosterone Cypionate 70mg (currently weaning down, was on 150mg weekly 6 weeks prior, halving the dosage each week)
-HCG 500IU every 3 days

Aflac94

Oct 10, 2017
United States
Hi all. Fellow PFS sufferer. Crashed 6 months ago from two doses of Dutasteride after having been on Finasteride for a year. I am doing CD's diet, which has already made a big improvement in gut health these past few weeks. I'm reacting to a lot less foods and can eat dairy now. I can get erect through some brief physical stimulation and it feels good at climax but have issues getting there due to no pleasure in the brain. Biggest symptom I've got going on are specific to the brain at this point.

-Disconnected from reality feeling
-No libido
-Lack of enjoyment or interest
-Slight ringing in ears (comes and goes)
-Blurry vision (comes and goes)
-Sleep issues (varies, but often wake up feeling horrible and sometimes like I'm going seize)
-Nervous system (skin feels sunburnt often)

I've had hormones checked (total T, free T, E, Cortisol, and DHT) and they all look fine. DHT was low from Dutasteride still being the system for awhile (takes 4-6 months to clear) but has recently come back up. I am also on low dose TRT but weaning myself down each week. Biggest complaint I have is the disconnect from reality. What is the best way to go about fixing that?
Maybe try to get a hair test and B2 protocol

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
Maybe try to get a hair test and B2 protocol
Don't have the money for a hair test right now. Literally only have $50 to my name and I'm in such bad condition and weak that I can't work. I've been doing the B vitamins for about a month. B1, B2, B5, and B6. Also did the electrolytes and TEI. And did a liver flush. Currently doing a 5 day water fast and am 2 days in.

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
Get off the testo ambien and HCg. Need to get to bottom of your issues and fix your system.
Already working on it. I was taking Gabapentin 300mg with the Ambien but stopped it without issue for the past few days. Weaning down on the Cypionate currently and then will wean down on the HCG in that order to avoid pituitary shutdown. Ambien will be last as I'm not going to sacrifice sleep (the only minor enjoyment I have left in life). GABA-a agonist withdrawal is excruciating and has to be done slow. Already putting my body through enough withdrawal on top of PFS hell. Can't exactly get to the bottom of it when I don't even know what's wrong though.

Only things I know are wrong are my cholesterol being high, my blood is thick, my systolic is higher from whatever PFS caused, my blood platelet count is high (likely from the TRT), my ANA is positive, my ANA titer ratio is 1:640, I'm malnourished (heavy ketones in my urine), and losing weight. Logic would say, "Well, if you're losing weight, eat." If I eat, most everything with weight gaining value has cholesterol. My systolic pressure spikes causing my blood to get thicker, my heart to pound out of my chest, and my PFS symptoms to get worse. Especially the nervous system and brain symptoms. If I don't eat, I lose weight, deteriorate, and get so weak I can't even walk. I'm in a dilemma.

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
Ok. So something I can confirm. My digestive is well along in healing. Absorption is great and things I consume hit the serum level in 20 minutes. Now, when I take in a mild GABA-a agonist, I feel tons closer to normal. Relaxed, calm, focused, and thoughtful. This indicates to me levels are low of the body's natural GABA agonists. However, while having the agonist in my system, the male aggression and libido still aren't there. I'm thinking, because DHT is well within range and 5ar 1 and 2 are operating properly, I'm looking at a Andrgen Receptor issue and probably something messed up along the tree of progesterone, either progesterone itself or its metabolites like Allo. Androgen receptors can't really do anything about Except a zinc finger protocol. They take 2 years to regenerate though. Progesterone, however, I could have tested to see where it stands.

Thoughts?

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
Woke up after 4 hours of sleep feeling horrible. This happens 90-95% of the time when I initially wake and takes about 15-30 minutes to ease. I can feel the condition in my sleep too and it's invasive. There's no escape. I struggle so badly to get out of bed most days and do not feel rested. All day, everyday I'm very fatigued and no energy. I was going downstairs to get my water jug refilled to continue the water fast I'm doing (5 day water fast and currently on day 3) and I nearly fell down the stairs and caught myself on the railing after an intense loss of balance and weakness.

This condition plays in the mind so bad. There are days where I'm like, "I can tell I have PFS but I think I'm recovering. I feel ok right now," and there are moments like this morning after horrible sleep where I just wonder if this even worth sticking around waiting for light at the end of the tunnel. I see all of the forums with people going through similar stuff and the small fraction of recoveries. Doesn't exactly give me hope anymore.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
If you've done the electrolyte protocol with the b's(b1 as benfo) I belive thats crucial to fix gut in a way. Definitely helped me. Diet did that aswell. And waterfast took care of lot's of other things, sleep included to a degree.
It's not a wasterfast so long you take strong exogenous stuff.

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
If you've done the electrolyte protocol with the b's(b1 as benfo) I belive thats crucial to fix gut in a way. Definitely helped me. Diet did that aswell. And waterfast took care of lot's of other things, sleep included to a degree.
It's not a wasterfast so long you take strong exogenous stuff.
My digestive system is much better than it was at the start of all of this. When it was the first 4-6 months, my insides burned from anything being put into it. Even water. Now, no burning. I still have some constipation though. Just might need to be on the diet longer, I suppose. Like I said above I'm in enough agony as it is. You can't just abruptly stop Cypionate or else you risk shutting down the HPTA axis. Weaning down from it though in halves each week. It won't take long. Then all I'll have left is the Ambien but I gotta get the sleep issues under control. Before the Ambien, I went 7 weeks straight without sleep. My pupils were dilated, I was hallucinating, my heart pounded out of my chest, and it was my lowest point in all of this. I'm not willing to go back to that.

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
My digestive system is much better than it was at the start of all of this. When it was the first 4-6 months, my insides burned from anything being out into it. Now, no burning. I still have some constipation though. Just might need to be on the diet longer, I suppose. Like I said above I'm enough agony as it is. You can't just abruptly stop Cypionate or else you risk shutting down the HPTA axis. Weaning down from it already in halves each week. It won't take long. Then all I'll have left is the Ambien but I gotta get the sleep issues under control. Before the Ambien, I went 7 weeks straight without sleep. My pupils were dilated, I was hallucinating, my heart pounded out of my chest, and it was my lowest point in all of this. I'm not willing to go back to that.
Try cyproheptadine or mirtazapine in place of the ambien.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I have Loratadine/Claritin. 2nd generation histamine h1 antagonist. Will that do?
Don't think so. It's not histamine, its blocking serotonin receptors which block cortisol which is why I like cyproheptadine. Mirtazapine does that too but also takes care of GABA which we ruined with PFS... so mirtazapine is probably the ideal drug. Its just strong and takes a week or so to adjust to it.

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
Don't think so. It's not histamine, its blocking serotonin receptors which block cortisol which is why I like cyproheptadine. Mirtazapine does that too but also takes care of GABA which we ruined with PFS... so mirtazapine is probably the ideal drug. Its just strong and takes a week or so to adjust to it.
Noted. And what are your thoughts on Hydroxyzine HCL?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
1st generation histamine H1 antagonist. Opposite of Claritin and used as a sedative.
again, I do not care about histamine. I care about blocking cortisol and that’s what was in mind utilizing cyproheptadine/ Mirtazapine. I’m not a doctor, I’m just a guy that got killed by disease and needed to utilize Drugs to help me battle at times. Cortisol is what I take into account.

Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
again, I do not care about histamine. I care about blocking cortisol and that’s what was in mind utilizing cyproheptadine/ Mirtazapine. I’m not a doctor, I’m just a guy that got killed by disease and needed to utilize Drugs to help me battle at times. Cortisol is what I take into account.
My Cortisol seems to be fine though. Last I got tested, which was January 6th at 11am, it was within range, though the upper limit of it.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
My Cortisol seems to be fine though. Last I got tested, which was January 6th at 11am, it was within range, though the upper limit of it.
Cortisol in blood is basically irrelevant. Basically everyone with PFS had their cortisol production messed with. The ones with racing mind, can't sleep etc- high, weak cortisol is part of it.

Can't spend anymore time on you today bud. That's all I can leave for you. Get off all drugs asap and if you really need one then cyproheptadine or mirtazapine could be a nice short term fix until you're well enough to combat this yourself.

Stop testosterone. I did it cold turkey. Its worth it. I was on it for a full year and stopped it cold turkey. Don't worry about it. Your body will respond.

opiath

Oct 18, 2017
Bulgaria
Androgen receptors can't really do anything about Except a zinc finger protocol. They take 2 years to regenerate though.
takes 2 years to regenerate ? what ??
Androgen receptors are proteins with pretty short half-life.
They don't last for more than a few hours. In 2 years each one of your cells that makes AR receptors will change them over thousands of times.