Best Electrolyte Supplement So Far

boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
and also regardless if PFS or not it is best to workout on empty stomach, makes you more sensitive to androgens

boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
When do you typically train?

Also you take a pre-workout right, does caffeine on an empty stomach bother you?
usually at night, but starting to experiment with first thing in morning. No, caffeine/preworkouts dont bother me on empty stomach, I actually prefer it

Dec 14, 2018
Australia
usually at night, but starting to experiment with first thing in morning. No, caffeine/preworkouts dont bother me on empty stomach, I actually prefer it
Fair enough. I think in general earlier is better, I'm just keeping it mid-day since I'm doing split shifts right now.

Before training I've just been having some high-protein greek yoghurt with a weak coffee but I might give this a try

boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Fair enough. I think in general earlier is better, I'm just keeping it mid-day since I'm doing split shifts right now.

Before training I've just been having some high-protein greek yoghurt with a weak coffee but I might give this a try
yeah that is OK, just make sure it is sugar free or low sugar. Insulin kills alot of the benefits when working out fasted.

Caffeine and forkskolin both increase cAMP levels but diminish a lot once insulin is present

Jamie

Oct 14, 2017
What are the 100 mg of trace minerals in it?

@Boris, what amino's do you take? I'm looking to add some stuff to my workouts. I get increased scalp itch after/during workouts and I think part of it is because I deplete myself of some vital nutrients.
Don't you get fatigued when working out? I saw it is very common in 4lows

Ingeno

May 18, 2018
London
I keep my workouts below 40 minutes and don't go to failure with each set, I feel pretty decent after workout. Due to the 4 lows I feel tired in general though

boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
No not really, if I take a preworkout supplement I have tons of extra energy and way less fatigue. Not all preworkouts though, some actually make me feel worse and muscles give it out quick. Kind of a trial and error thing. I found that too much taurine makes me feel like shit overall and kills my drive and gives me fatigue.

If I eat carbs preworkout I feel worse actually. And my workouts are not long either, I feel better when intensity stays high

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I would not take that.... nor anything with citric acid, due to the shitty way it is produced and what there is in it!

Then as I am trying to increase copper and ceruloplasmine, I would not take any citrate, except if it was for helping oxalate dumping and in that case during meals and not as an electrolyte! Never!

I have bought potassium bicarbonate in bulk. Well, you know where to find chlore and sodium together and in cheap bulk don't you? ;)
I have trace minerals on their own too.

Do your own cheaper mix according to your htma! I need more than 1 g of K, I need 4 per day... and certainly not that much calcium.

Nighteyes

Oct 5, 2017
I would not take that.... nor anything with citric acid, due to the shitty way it is produced and what there is in it!

Then as I am trying to increase copper and ceruloplasmine, I would not take any citrate, except if it was for helping oxalate dumping and in that case during meals and not as an electrolyte! Never!

I have bought potassium bicarbonate in bulk. Well, you know where to find chlore and sodium together and in cheap bulk don't you? ;)
I have trace minerals on their own too.

Do your own cheaper mix according to your htma! I need more than 1 g of K, I need 4 per day... and certainly not that much calcium.
Does citrate interfere with copper? Or is it directly related to ceruloplasmine?

Oct 4, 2017
Europe

boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
any other ways to increase cAMP?
Yeah a few, looks like Neferine and Ligusticum chuanxiong Hort

Europe PMC scroll down to the table of herbs they have listed there, talks about cAMP, but seems caffeine + forskolin combo is the most potent. I'm not sure what increases cAMP more just plain caffeine or coffee. Coffee sucks for me.
@Area-1255 any insight?

Last edited:

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah a few, looks like Neferine and Ligusticum chuanxiong Hort

Europe PMC scroll down to the table of herbs they have listed there, talks about cAMP, but seems caffeine + forskolin combo is the most potent. I'm not sure what increases cAMP more just plain caffeine or coffee. Coffee sucks for me.
@Area-1255 any insight?
what is your caffeine dosing schedule?