Barbaar, PSSD log

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey Guys, So I decided to jump on the Ella train. A little bit about me first: PSSD from 7 months on citalopram back in 2015. I've been off it for almost two years now, yet the PSSD still persists. While on meds, and for a good time after my symptoms were

Low libido
Weak erections
Genital numbing
Anhedonia
Emotional numbing

Lately I've been having pretty good improvements in the anhedonia and emotional numbing department by taking crocus sativus extract, but I stopped taking that a few days ago to make room for ella. The rest is maybe a little better, but not more than 30-40% of what it should be. To be completely honest I'm a little afraid taking ella may send me back to square one, but seeing the success of other people on here makes me think it's worth a shot. I plan on taking 5 mg for 6 days, and nothing else for the time after that to make sure I don't mess with the snap back. Ok guys, lets do this. FOR SCIENCE!

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
Just took my second dose. Not much interesting stuff to report yet, besides that it feels like my skin is a little more sensitive to the touch. It's very subtle and could very well be placebo but I guess mentioning it doesn't hurt. I also slept for way longer than I usually do and woke up with a pretty bad headache but I'm not sure how that could be related.

I'm eager to see how this will develop. I'll let you guys know!

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
Monday update: It seems things are starting to happen! I did not get nearly enough sleep but I'm still feeling pretty good. Last night while laying in bed I suddenly got this very energized feeling, like my nervous system woke up all of a sudden. Everything felt more sensitive, I could feel the texture of my sheets and stuff like that. It's died down a little now but the feeling of my clothes against my body is still more noticeable than before. Sadly, not much has changed yet in the libido and boner department but I'm hoping that will just take some more time, or maybe it will happen on the snapback.

I still have two doses left after the one I took today. Fingers crossed things will keep improving!

Snow1

Oct 4, 2017
Great update Barbaar, some positive results.

It's early days so let's see what you continue to notice.

Good luck for the next few days.

Shadow

Oct 3, 2017
Brazil
barbaar post_id=2426 time=1508743963 user_id=149 said:
Monday update: It seems things are starting to happen! I did not get nearly enough sleep but I'm still feeling pretty good. Last night while laying in bed I suddenly got this very energized feeling, like my nervous system woke up all of a sudden. Everything felt more sensitive, I could feel the texture of my sheets and stuff like that. It's died down a little now but the feeling of my clothes against my body is still more noticeable than before. Sadly, not much has changed yet in the libido and boner department but I'm hoping that will just take some more time, or maybe it will happen on the snapback.

I still have two doses left after the one I took today. Fingers crossed things will keep improving!
Good update Barbaar! I have the same problem with body sensitivity!

Im cheering for you!

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
Thanks guys!

I was wondering, is it possible for Ella to (maybe indirectly) affect cortisol/adrenaline? I've been feeling like I had way too much coffee. I'd even go as far as to say it feels similar to a weak version of Ritalin (I didn't like taking that one bit, it made me anxious and paranoid. This isn't as bad). Maybe my 5ht1a receptors are getting resensitised, resulting in less serotonin being released -> dopamine being inhibited less?

aztec

Oct 3, 2017
hackstasis.com
[mention]barbaar[/mention] I can relate with the excess energy feeling at night! How was your sleep before beginning Ella? Did you previously have insomia? What an interesting coincidence. I felt way too wired last night and had to even take a melatonin and a seriphos just to sleep. My body also felt warm. I could have easily ran 5 miles and had energy left afterwards.

aztec

Oct 3, 2017
hackstasis.com
[mention]barbaar[/mention] yes I am from the pfs side and the similarities are striking. My sleep was decent this year until August 2017 came around. I was reading Ghost’s theory and it is dentical to pfs. High progesterone is a common issue for the majority of pssd guys. My sleep last night was garbage. Yesterday was my first dose. At what time are you taking Ella?

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
barbaar post_id=2437 time=1508755509 user_id=149 said:
Thanks guys!

I was wondering, is it possible for Ella to (maybe indirectly) affect cortisol/adrenaline? I've been feeling like I had way too much coffee. I'd even go as far as to say it feels similar to a weak version of Ritalin (I didn't like taking that one bit, it made me anxious and paranoid. This isn't as bad). Maybe my 5ht1a receptors are getting resensitised, resulting in less serotonin being released -> dopamine being inhibited less?
Yeah I had the same thing from RU, [mention]gbolduev[/mention] thinks it was from high cortisol/adrenaline

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
[mention]TubZy[/mention] interesting! It's nothing I can't handle and actually kinda welcomed since I'm normally pretty sluggish/lethargic unless I drink unhealthy amounts of caffeine. Did it go away for you eventually or are your energy levels still up?

[mention]aztec[/mention] I take it in the morning, around 10ish. The bursts of energy seem to come and go as they please though and aren't necessarily stronger closer to when I take it.