Are we losing steam in finding cures?

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Oh the other thing, histidine increased the size of my flaccid dick, also makes the scrotum loosey goosey, and balls increased in size. It's a pretty interesting find, as I had used histidine in the past without sny significant results but this time around it seems to do something. Odd
Yeah, Ditto have been using extra l-histidine scoops (1gram) 2-3 times during the day on top of the EAA I tend to take. Morning, around workouts. Did you, by any chance, increase your folate/folinic acid uptake recently?

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
Yeah, Ditto have been using extra l-histidine scoops (1gram) 2-3 times during the day on top of the EAA I tend to take. Morning, around workouts. Did you, by any chance, increase your folate/folinic acid uptake recently?
No I did not. Should I? And why?

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
any effects from prami on mood?
I took it twice, with a one day gap because I was pretty out of it. Yes, it did increase mood. Perhaps I should try an even smaller dosage, but it absolutely wrecked my sleep.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
No I did not. Should I? And why?
Oh I didn't want to imply you doing anything, I was just curious. As I ask myself the same question regarding whether histidine is working or not ;). The benefits are just to nice. More bowel movements and everything you mentioned above. When one is low on folate/folinic acid or THF there seems to end up more histidine in the urine as helen already mentioned before. I have a of folinic acid liquid supplement that I have been trying from iherb. I started using it when I found it rather low on bloodwork.

This is what I could come up with on the why part, when searching for it quickly:

When the dietary intake is diminished or the urinary excretion is greatly increased, anemia results. It is concluded that folate deficiency causes histidine depletion through increased urinary excretion of this amino acid. Feeding histidine replenishes tissue levels of histidine, resulting in hemoglobin regeneration
The role of histidine in the anemia of folate deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

Tetrahydrofolic acid is involved in the conversion of formiminoglutamic acid to glutamic acid; this may reduce the amount of histidine available for decarboxylation and protein synthesis, and hence the urinary histamine and formiminoglutamic acid may be decreased
Tetrahydrofolic acid - Wikipedia

This is my speculation:

So we need enough Tetrahydrofolic acid to not lose histidine in the urine and if formiminoglutamic creation is satisfied. Perhaps than histamine is allowed if other conditions are right.

Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism

Last link has a graph on the mid page.

Last edited:

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
Oh I didn't want to imply you doing anything, I was just curious. As I ask myself the same question regarding whether histidine is working or not ;). The benefits are just to nice. More bowel movements and everything you mentioned above. When one is low on folate/folinic acid or THF there seems to end up more histidine in the urine as helen already mentioned before. I have a of folinic acid liquid supplement that I have been trying from iherb. I started using it when I found it rather low on bloodwork.

This is what I could come up with on the why part, when searching for it quickly:

The role of histidine in the anemia of folate deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

Tetrahydrofolic acid - Wikipedia

This is my speculation:

So we need enough Tetrahydrofolic acid to not lose histidine in the urine and if formiminoglutamic creation is satisfied. Perhaps than histamine is allowed if other conditions are right.

Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism

Last link has a graph on the mid page.
I bought a folic acid sup montha ago and never used it. Bought so much shit during this that I don't want to keep buying things lol

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
my place perfectly clean. except dropped off stuff from my house. and i bought 10 more things for gut and also... 3 herbs or 8 things i guess. outside that i threw all over 12mo ago. oh ya progesterone from bar fridger but didnt use that 20mo, thats in my fridge now. ill throw that. JESUS. need minimalism. WIDE EMPTY SPACE = A HAPPY PLACE.

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
Too early to say for sure but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm on to something with the histamines. I had terrible allergies growing up - even got allergy shots. Finasteride, man fuck that drug dude. God damn it. I should be able to sue for emotional damages. Anyways, after finasteride - no allergies. Well, for the most part. I get real bad twice a year when the leaves come and when they go. Anyways, 1000mg histidine and this l reuteri shit (more so the hisitidine) has me feeling like I have allergies. But- sex drive is returning. It's much higher in the morning.
Currently I'm taking 1000mg histidine, ~500 mg mucuna pruriens, and I fucked around with a small amount of DHEA last night simply to see if it alleviated some dry eyeness of the histidine. No luck on the dry eyes, but I'm pleased to report i woke up with the strongest morning wood I've had in 3 years. So something is working, I don't know how or why but it is. So that's cool. Allergies do suck tho, but for the sex drive idgaf

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Too early to say for sure but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm on to something with the histamines. I had terrible allergies growing up - even got allergy shots. Finasteride, man fuck that drug dude. God damn it. I should be able to sue for emotional damages. Anyways, after finasteride - no allergies. Well, for the most part. I get real bad twice a year when the leaves come and when they go. Anyways, 1000mg histidine and this l reuteri shit (more so the hisitidine) has me feeling like I have allergies. But- sex drive is returning. It's much higher in the morning.
Currently I'm taking 1000mg histidine, ~500 mg mucuna pruriens, and I fucked around with a small amount of DHEA last night simply to see if it alleviated some dry eyeness of the histidine. No luck on the dry eyes, but I'm pleased to report i woke up with the strongest morning wood I've had in 3 years. So something is working, I don't know how or why but it is. So that's cool. Allergies do suck tho, but for the sex drive idgaf

It absolutely is related to histamine in some fashion. I was just like you, had horrible seasonal allergies and had to take Zyrtec daily. None in PFS. Present day, I have them again - but not as bad as before. I’m assuming they aren’t as bad now because my lifestyle is much healthier, and/or TEI is helping them. I know what you mean though, it’s like you forget how miserable an always runny and sneezing nose was like.