Are carbs necessary at every meal?

Ben123

Mar 22, 2018
Finland
One thing i have religiously followed from RP teachings for over a year is that i have included high amount of carbohydrates for every meal. I eat 3 times a day and eat atleast 100g of carbs with every meal. Now a year later i still have the same high stress, anxiety and depression even thou all these RP practioners say that eat carbs frequently will fix all your adrenal and stress problems. My digestion is still shit and im gaining fat. How much carbs you guys eat and how frequently?

Yura

Mar 12, 2018
Czech Republic
I would say balanced meals with carbs, protein and fats are the best option, but I definitely don't agree with "high amount of carbs" in each meal. That is nonsense.. Especially for people in bad health with bad sugar metabolism, gut issues etc.. I was in this "I need calories, I need carbs" for years and my health was worse and worse. I would say for most people( average inactive people) will be ok the same amount of carbs as protein. So if 1,5g of protein for kg of body weight looks ideal. I would use same amount of carbs. Then if you are physically active and you need the energy, you need the carbs. Then it depends how much you need. Somebody will be ok with 200g, somebody with 300 and some crazy athlete will need maybe 800g... I agree 100% with helen on this. The worst thing that you can do is sit on your ass and eat shit loads of carbs all day..

Ben123

Mar 22, 2018
Finland
Yeah i def sit on my ass all day and eat carbs alot, one reason for that is that my energy levels and mood is just shit all the time. I try to work out 3 times a week but that is pain aswell, my muscles fatique after first set and then its pretty much torture after that, and recovery is shit aswell.
If someone wonders i have never taken any drug really, but 2 weeks of prednisone as a child for "allergy" that was really just overtraining..

Yura

Mar 12, 2018
Czech Republic
I was like you and the more carbs I was eating the more I felt like shit.. eating more carbs will not give you energy like in healthy individual. It will give you the opposite via inflammation, lactic acid etc.. So I would recommend to you use only complex carbs like oats, buckwheat, quinoa, white basmati rice is also ok, or parboiled rice etc.. and don't eat more like 40-50g of carbs from the carb source. So for rice it is like 60g of weight before cooking or 70-80g of buckwheat etc. and eat always balanced meals with all macronutrients. So your blood sugar will be stable.. This feels good for most people.. I would also recommend hydrogen water. Because it really is amazing stuff... + eat all micronutrints that you need based on hair/blood tests..

Blue88

Oct 15, 2017
I was like you and the more carbs I was eating the more I felt like shit.. eating more carbs will not give you energy like in healthy individual. It will give you the opposite via inflammation, lactic acid etc.. So I would recommend to you use only complex carbs like oats, buckwheat, quinoa, white basmati rice is also ok, or parboiled rice etc.. and don't eat more like 40-50g of carbs from the carb source. So for rice it is like 60g of weight before cooking or 70-80g of buckwheat etc. and eat always balanced meals with all macronutrients. So your blood sugar will be stable.. This feels good for most people.. I would also recommend hydrogen water. Because it really is amazing stuff... + eat all micronutrints that you need based on hair/blood tests..
How about root vegetables and other vegetables as carb source?