Another slow 1!

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Slow 1 - Tissue alkalinity

The most striking to me:
- at the max for iron and at the min for copper.
- normal Ca but too low in P and K.
- Mg is too good to be true...
- Aluminium

Supplements they recommend:

PARA-PACK III
ADRENAL COMPLEX II
COPPER PLUS
HCL V-PLUS
VITAMIN E PLUS II ...... why vitamine E for me?

I have to avoid zinc and niacin -B3- !

http://traceelements.com/NutritionalResources/combinations.aspx
http://traceelements.com/NutritionalResources/minerals.aspx#copper
http://traceelements.com/NutritionalResources/vitamins.aspx#vitamine

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Hair analysis results by Trace elements.

They say that my type means tissue alkalinity... What does it mean for blood and co2 for example?

Attachments

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Canari post_id=3865 time=1510270828 user_id=62 said:
They say that my type means tissue alkalinity... What does it mean for blood and co2 for example?
I think it means as gbold would say, alkaline in the cell, acidic in the blood. Higher venous / arterial co2, low cell co2

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
m_arch post_id=3869 time=1510271390 user_id=66 said:
I think it means as gbold would say, alkaline in the cell, acidic in the blood. Higher venous / arterial co2, low cell co2
Thus the Wim Hof breathing to lower blood co2... And for sure no Buteyko breathing on a regular basis.

They are precise about the names of meat and fish they advise me to eat, but I will not have access to this... even turkey is hard to find here!
Also WHYYYYYYYYYY do I have to avoid high purine like liver, sardine and mackerel ?!?!?!?!

Nighteyes

Oct 5, 2017
So interesting to see your results Canari :) We are both slow 1 and yet our mineral levels are so different! Maybe you tolerate fruits better due to less copper imbalance and because of your high sodium/potassium ratio.. Interesting indeed. Are you planning on going back on a fast? I think breuss type is good for us. Will slowly be changing my regular foods for more and more breuss with added sodium and see if I can maintain energy levels.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Hi Nighteyes I will compare little by little.... I am tuning my diet now.

I love their recommendations for diet: 40% protein ! No sugar no dairy!

They say to avoid fat and eat grains... do I follow this one? as my organic acids showed good fat metabolism and bad sugar metabolism!
With the hair test only, they do not know I have high lactate and succinate....

I should get B1, like whole grain rice, and methionine rich food.
High potassium food like banana, tomato, peas, artichoke, apples, orange, lentils and chicken.
WHY do I have to avoid high purine like liver, sardine and mackerel?

- Iwill look for more sea shells, as they have copper instead of iron, and less zinc.
- I am very happy with mainly raw eating, especially meat.
- I am happy I can eat avocado, banana and cacao, one of my favorite mix! All rich in copper...
- I am going to try whole grain rice, for B1 in the bran. If my digestion agrees...

I have a problem for taking HCl.... Maybe my stomach has to get better at taking it? I eat more and more apple vinegar, and I notice stomach burn with sugar, for example eating bananas... I had noticed before when I was eating so much fruits.
Here is theirs
http://traceelements.com/NutritionalResources/digestives.aspx#hcl

Nighteyes

Oct 5, 2017
That looks like a solid multivitamin that they are recommending you. Especially with the added adrenal glandular - this is recommended for us due to the low Na/Mg ratio and weak adrenals I think. Are you going to buy their supplements and if so, how? I take it you live in europe as well, and apparently they do not ship overseas. Even if they do customs are very strict; at leat where I live.

A

Anonymous

Canari.

A couple of questions ..

Are you taking magnesium ?
Please look up a list of magnesium deficiency symptoms and see if they apply to you ..I think this is a loss of Mag thru the hair..

I might go and get a full iron panel done if you can, just to see if there are any issues there ..

For sure you have a copper deficiency/ issue with bioavailability , Even if you are copper toxic , you still need copper..

Phosphorus is low suggesting a need for HCL ..

Copper will help raise your calcium but be careful not to crash out your potassium ..

To me it looks like Aluminum is being used to replace magnesium , elevating your mag level..
metals stand in for minerals when they are low
I think the vanadium is from the soil on the island you live on . Is it volcanic ?

=)

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I think I will go their route, it seems a logic to do so... But I am still afraid to follow what a computer says....

I have a tendency to have signs like the eye lid tremor, and got intramuscular Mg twice before. Oral Mg started to do me good when I discovered P5P! I take your take for aluminium! I hate this and could feel the taste of Al paper on food as a child. And we might have Al contamination in our soils, apart from having high vanadium and low boron.

My iron seemed ok, I have blood results in another thread... In hair I have the max normal for iron, and the mini normal for copper!

COPPER :

I can have a problem coming from :
- the super bronchitis / mold allergy last year, which put me in chronic fatigue for months.
- Zinc was part of the help for my recovery. Chelated zinc 50mg.
- I have no candida but some SIBO shown in organic acid test.
- 2 years on progest-e

Last year I needed betaine HCl, but no more than 1 per meal, and then had to stop because of burns. Now with a lot of meat and vinegar, I also sart to have some burns, especially as I dig in the garden and have to bend! I have burns 3 hours after lunch. I have taken lamberts Hcl this dinner, let's see....

Nighteyes post_id=3905 time=1510319664 user_id=93 said:
That looks like a solid multivitamin that they are recommending you. Especially with the added adrenal glandular - this is recommended for us due to the low Na/Mg ratio and weak adrenals I think. Are you going to buy their supplements and if so, how? I take it you live in europe as well, and apparently they do not ship overseas. Even if they do customs are very strict; at leat where I live.
Where do you live?

mattyb

Oct 5, 2017
m_arch post_id=3869 time=1510271390 user_id=66 said:
This makes like zero sense. Cells are always more acidic than blood, and the closer to the nucleus the more acidic the cell gets - this is necessary for signal transduction in cells or cells just don't work and die. I will write a post and clarify some things about acid-base balance and the different types and what they mean for the body. Everybody here is constantly getting this stuff wrong and it's really important to get right.

Moreover, in alkalosis minerals are retained intracellularly, so I don't know why the hell they would say Canari is in alkalosis. If she was in alkalosis all her minerals would be high in the cell (hair). But most are quite low. She has an intracellular excess of nothing. So if hair is supposed to reflect intracellular mineral concentrations, then they are straight up wrong. And just saying she's in alkalosis means nothing. There is a big difference between metabolic and respiratory alkalosis, and there is a big difference between alkalosis being compensatory or primary.

This is why I don't trust these ARL and hair test people. Much of what I've read from them makes no sense and is straight up wrong. People need to move beyond ARL, because these people have cured exactly zero diseases. If what they did worked and they had proof of it, then they would be leaders in medicine - but they aren't. Use them for their hair test but don't take their info as gospel.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Canari post_id=3958 time=1510364429 user_id=62 said:
So I am not too slow!

I call scale the steps of slow 1 2 3 4 fast 1 2 3 4...
Fast 4 is closer to slow than fast 1

Im a slow 4 but i dont think its only about that. I have some ratios out of whack pretty extreme which are both for fasts and slows. I simply exhibit weird ratios on both sides, its not like im more balanced or healthier than you or anything. If anything i might be worse, i think i had 3 extreme unbalanced ratios on my hairtest

Nighteyes

Oct 5, 2017
[mention]Canari[/mention] I am from Scandinavia and customs here are dreadful. I can still buy stuff from the UK but who knows for how long :) Sounds great for you if you will be able to import it to europe. I have ordered Thornes Adrenal Cortex from amazon. Might try a full Adrenal Glandular product if necessary. The product they recommended you has adrenal glandular, right?

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Nighteyes post_id=4044 time=1510504490 user_id=93 said:
@Canari I am from Scandinavia and customs here are dreadful. I can still buy stuff from the UK but who knows for how long :) Sounds great for you if you will be able to import it to europe.
I do not have to import from US, they send it from UK!

Nighteyes post_id=4044 time=1510504490 user_id=93 said:
I have ordered Thornes Adrenal Cortex from amazon. Might try a full Adrenal Glandular product if necessary. The product they recommended you has adrenal glandular, right?
YES:
Whole Adrenal Glandular (bovine)* 85 mg
Whole Pituitary Glandular (bovine)* 5 mg
Whole Parotid Glandular (bovine)* 5 mg

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
mattyb post_id=3944 time=1510353988 user_id=95 said:
in alkalosis minerals are retained intracellularly, so I don't know why the hell they would say Canari is in alkalosis. If she was in alkalosis all her minerals would be high in the cell (hair). But most are quite low. She has an intracellular excess of nothing.
So if hair is supposed to reflect intracellular mineral concentrations, then they are straight up wrong. And just saying she's in alkalosis means nothing. There is a big difference between metabolic and respiratory alkalosis, and there is a big difference between alkalosis being compensatory or primary. Use them for their hair test but don't take their info as gospel.
@mattyb Is there is some misunderstanding? I had asked
They do not pretend that hair analysis reflects cells content at all. It is not intracellular mineral concentrations.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I asked the lab for some explanations and got some... I was wondering... Is it possible to have high Z/Co ratio and still have some copper toxicity? Do toxic stock always show in hair tests? Can it be "invisible" and show afterward, when toxic stock will be released?

(I am surprised about copper, as from what I read / my symptoms, I thought I was going to have copper toxicity....)

Their email answer:
The general principle of the HTMA test is that it measures an average tissue reservoir/body reserve of the various minerals over a period of time (depending on how long the length of hair was that you sent). It does not differentiate between organic/bioavailable versions of the mineral and inorganic/elemental versions. Both forms are measured under this one measurement.
Reservoirs build up in the tissues either because of an absolute excess of consumption of that mineral, or because the mineral is not being utilised sufficiently by the body.
I like this one, it might apply to my relatively high Mg...

With the example of mercury, all sources of mercury (food and amalgam) can be held intracellularly (inside the cell). As the health of cells improves, they can release that stored mercury into the tissues, resulting in mercury appearing in later tests when not present in early tests. The same can be true for other minerals, including copper. But we cannot predict the future. All we can do is work with the test results we have, and repeat that test at regular intervals (3-4 months) to follow up, adjusting treatments as necessary.

We do not know yet what the intracellular levels are. So we may see mercury, copper and aluminium escaping in the future, we may not.
So, I cannot exclude I have toxic mercury and even toxic copper though deficient now.

http://www.noamalgam.com/hairtestbook.html "High hair zinc usually indicates low body levels."

I do not have really high zinc, only bad ratio with copper, but what does it mean "low body level", if hair is supposed to represent the body???

Talking about hair, imprecise words make me want to pull my hair with fists full!

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Tell me about your hair and I will tell you who you are!

I have worked through [mention]m_arch[/mention] great posts about ratios https://www.hackstasis.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=117#p1651 and about criteria for type 1 to 4 https://www.hackstasis.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=252
and compared to my results.

Ca / P: 2.6 - The metabolic rate. How fast you create enzymes, digest food, etc
Me: 4
Higher than 2.6 makes you a slow oxidiser,
Na / K: 2.4 - Overall vitality ratio.
Me: 4
Higher than 2.4 indicates feeling less energy,
Thanks for telling me, I had not noticed! :twisted:
Na / Mg: 4 - Adrenal Ratio.
Lower than 4 goes towards burn-out,
Me: 1.46
I will not burn! Resistant spirit! :D
Na / K + Na / Mg
Me: 1 high 1 low
If 1 or both are high, too much stress. Hard to relax.
If 1 high, 1 low people are "tired but wired".
Ok, soon I go to bed...
Ca / K: 4.2 - Thyroid ratio. The function. How well thyroid hormones are doing their job.
Higher than 4.2 = hypothyroid,
Me: 14.67
Too high is usually due to too much calcium, which can also be from too much vitamin D supplementation.
I have low vit D, and [mention]gbolduev[/mention] said to not force the body, she knows why!

Slow 1: decreased thyroid, decreased adrenals: Sustained energy but energy below optimum (but still, it is all aligned with slow oxidation. Best you can do). Synchronised response.

Zn / Cu: 8 - Hormone levels in the body. Zn levels roughly correlates with Progesterone effect in women.
People can have hidden copper. better to get these individual levels right.
Cu levels roughly correlates with Estrogen effect in both sexes.
higher than 8 indicates more zinc (progesterone / testerone).
Me: 18.89
Who said the danger is to be estrogen dominants and we have to lower estrogen and take progest-e? :evil:

Can it be that my ratio comes from having taken progest-e during 2 years?
Ca / Mg: 7 - Cardio vascular health. Blood sugar control. .
Lower than 7 indicates not enough carbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rare)
Me: 5.37
I am a rare person! Ho joy! :lol:
I swear I was not cheating in RPF and was eating plenty of fruits all day long and honey!
Fe / Cu: 1.2 - Infection ratio.
higher than 1.2 indicates propensity towards viral infections.
Me: 1.78

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
You wrote somewhere....
gbolduev post_id=5696 time=1512330101 user_id=90 said:
needs to retest without all of this. ... It looks like it is created artificially.

this is the hard part of hairtests. if people take supplements it is all screwed up. It takes ARL at least 6 months to figure them out, since when they start the program , usually the program is wrong. since ARL did not know what they were taking
@gbolduev Can this apply to my "apparent" need to take copper?
Can I have high co/zn for having taken progest-e during 2 years? (did not stop my hot flushes, but stopping sugar/fruits did....)
I also supplemented zinc last spring and until July.

I am unsecure about following what the lab advised me (top of this page). I am afraid they get it bad. More over, I tend to have stomach burn with betaine HCl. When it helped me last year, I have never been able to take more than 1 and I have to take it at the beginning of the meal to not feel some burn.

They advise me to take some starch and go very low in fats, but I have a good fat metabolism, and bad sugar metabolism according to other labs than hair. I agree when they say to take high protein though. I do good on greens + vinegar and olive oil, high protein, veg juices, eggs and some fruits and still starch free.

Thanks!