Amazing results with ginseng

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
After following the Peaty diet for a couple of months my right eyelid became swollen and stayed swollen for two years until now. No matter what I tried I couldn't get rid of the swollen eyelid and it was driving me insane. Recently I came across a website with chinese medicine facial reading that said that swollen eyelid indicates problems with the spleen. The spleen controls fluid metabolism and digestion in general and eating sugar, lots of salt and meat without vegetables will weaken the spleen. Also stress and worry weakens the spleen. The number one herb for strengthening the spleen is red asian ginseng (not the american ginseng, it's got different qualities). I had a supplement lying around from long ago called Ginseng Classic from Planetary Herbals containing ginseng, licorice, bai-zhu and poria. All these herbs drain fluids and strengthen the spleen. The swollen eyelid is gone and the skin in my face is notably tighter and smoother, I look much younger in just a few days. You should definitely try this if you have volume expansion alkalosis (edit: or maybe rather edema). Ginseng is very heating, so it would suit you best if you feel cold.

Last edited:

joekool

Oct 4, 2017
Very cool info. Two years is definitely a long time to have that on the eyelid

I have Korean Panax ginseng. I think that's the Red, right?

What was your dosage and time frame until you saw results?

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
You have the right one. I saw results after a couple of hours. Start with a small dose and increase if you can handle it, take with food to increase absorption of nutrients. Be aware of the heating nature of ginseng it can dry you out and leave you anxious - but this is just what you need if you're in alkalosis with volume expansion (edit: sorry, ginseng alone might increase blood volume, but due to the strengthening effect, it will drain fluid). I'm not entirely sure if the results would be the same without the rest of the ingredients. You could search iherb or other stores for something similar. It seems it has made me very sensitive to caffeine too, as a side note.

Last edited:

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
I think people with addisons experience eyelid inflammation as well.
Both ginseng and licorice increase cortisol.
Maybe it was low cortisol?
That's possible. Chinese explanations and western explanations are not contradictory, they just use different terminology. The important part is that all that sugar weakened the spleen.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
After following the Peaty diet for a couple of months my right eyelid became swollen and stayed swollen for two years until now. No matter what I tried I couldn't get rid of the swollen eyelid and it was driving me insane. Recently I came across a website with chinese medicine facial reading that said that swollen eyelid indicates problems with the spleen. The spleen controls fluid metabolism and digestion in general and eating sugar, lots of salt and meat without vegetables will weaken the spleen. Also stress and worry weakens the spleen. The number one herb for strengthening the spleen is red asian ginseng (not the american ginseng, it's got different qualities). I had a supplement lying around from long ago called Ginseng Classic from Planetary Herbals containing ginseng, licorice, bai-zhu and poria. All these herbs drain fluids and strengthen the spleen. The swollen eyelid is gone and the skin in my face is notably tighter and smoother, I look much younger in just a few days. You should definitely try this if you have volume expansion alkalosis (edit: or maybe rather edema). Ginseng is very heating, so it would suit you best if you feel cold.
Just an FYI, looks like the one you have is discontinued.
Lots of PFS people hold water too, this is interesting, I'll look more into it. Thanks

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Are eyeslids enough to say one has volume expansion alkalosis?

I had swollen eye lids just before quitting gluten.... I would wake up and could literally SEE my upper LIDS!
Now I can have it but less, when tired, and also posted a photo with something like a blister I had under my eyes. Only when waking up.

BUT I have no other problem with fluids, only this. I never have swollen legs and do not put on weight. So I hesitate to decide if I am in volume expansion or not....

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
Are eyeslids enough to say one has volume expansion alkalosis?

I had swollen eye lids just before quitting gluten.... I would wake up and could literally SEE my upper LIDS!
Now I can have it but less, when tired, and also posted a photo with something like a blister I had under my eyes. Only when waking up.

BUT I have no other problem with fluids, only this. I never have swollen legs and do not put on weight. So I hesitate to decide if I am in volume expansion or not....
No, you're right. But salt tends to make the swollen eyelid worse. Plus puffy face. I assume the eyelid thing is edema. I tried a no salt diet, nothing helped. I woke up with normal eyelids and the eyelid would swell up as I got more fatigued through the day. I looked really silly. Btw a sign of "Weak spleen" can be seen as teeth marks on the border of the tongue as the spleen is unable to transport fluids causing the tongue to swell up and press against the teeth.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Longan berry is also suppose to be good for the spleen as well, not sure if you tried

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Thanks for info!
I woke up with normal eyelids and the eyelid would swell up as I got more fatigued through the day.
I have the reverse, when I get up only, then it goes.

My tongue is limit, but I would say have some strange dark red marks on the side, I think it is from liver. Then its color.... is exactly the color of what I eat! So it can be red like beetroot, yellow like curcuma, brown from coffee or cacao.... and some pink near the outside, just for hope!

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks for info!

I have the reverse, when I get up only, then it goes.

My tongue is limit, but I would say have some strange dark red marks on the side, I think it is from liver. Then its color.... is exactly the color of what I eat! So it can be red like beetroot, yellow like curcuma, brown from coffee or cacao.... and some pink near the outside, just for hope!
Like the coating changes color?

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Like the coating changes color?
Yes! It takes the color of the food or drink! It happens to you? Or somebody else?
We should make a thread about interpreting the color and shape etc of the tongue.... they use it so much as a diagnostic tool in chinese medicine!

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
Longan berry is also suppose to be good for the spleen as well, not sure if you tried
Longan is also heating: Long Yan Rou - 龍眼肉 - Arillus Longan - Chinese Herbs - American Dragon - Dr Joel Penner OMD, LAc

Rhodiola drains heat and strengthens spleen: Hong Jing Tian - 红景天 - Radix Rhodiolae Crenulate - American Dragon - Acupuncture - Los Angeles - Chinese Herbs - Dr Joel Penner OMD, LAc - Lone Wolf Press

@Canari the coating that changes color seems to indicate "dampness" which means fluid retention and thereby weak spleen in tcm. Dark red marks may indicate extreme liver heat or blood stagnation (menstrual problems). Would you say your tongue, indipendently of coating, is more in the scarlett red side or more on the purpleish side?

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Longan is also heating: Long Yan Rou - 龍眼肉 - Arillus Longan - Chinese Herbs - American Dragon - Dr Joel Penner OMD, LAc

Rhodiola drains heat and strengthens spleen: Hong Jing Tian - 红景天 - Radix Rhodiolae Crenulate - American Dragon - Acupuncture - Los Angeles - Chinese Herbs - Dr Joel Penner OMD, LAc - Lone Wolf Press

@Canari the coating that changes color seems to indicate "dampness" which means fluid retention and thereby weak spleen in tcm. Dark red marks may indicate extreme liver heat or blood stagnation (menstrual problems). Would you say your tongue, indipendently of coating, is more in the scarlett red side or more on the purpleish side?
Interesting.

Is it still working for you? A few people on the past mentioned they build a tolerance to herbs quickly, you notice that it still getting good results?

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
I noticed feeling amazing early on with licorice cycling, but the effects didnt last more than 3 weeks.

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
Interesting.

Is it still working for you? A few people on the past mentioned they build a tolerance to herbs quickly, you notice that it still getting good results?
The heat of the ginseng got to me and gave me constipation and multiple cold sore outbreaks so I switched to rhodiola. I take rhodiola and licorice, the results are insane. So much positive energy, i feel like myself again, hope it sticks. It demands that I only eat meat and cooked vegetables. The cold sores dried up in a couple of days. Today I slipped up and had a big piece of cake, the swollen eyelid returned and tired face. Have ordered adrenal cortex, can't wait.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
That's not good news. Hope at least I get rid of the swollen eyelid for good. Can't stand my face in the mirror with it.
Hmm yeah. Even if it doesnt work permanently its still good sice you know its somethibg to do with those mechanisms