Alpha Lipoic Acid

BC2018

Nov 27, 2018
On a PFS vacation
Is ALA better for blood sugar than cinnamon? I didn't feel anything from ALA but that doesn't mean it has no benefits for me. When I took Glutathione in capsule I cold feel the difference. And it says ALA is a glutathione pre-cursor like NAC.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Is ALA better for blood sugar than cinnamon? I didn't feel anything from ALA but that doesn't mean it has no benefits for me. When I took Glutathione in capsule I cold feel the difference. And it says ALA is a glutathione pre-cursor like NAC.

Cinnamon is too strong of constipation inducing herb, and diuretic for me haha. It also worsens reflux. And It also promotes serotonin.

As for ALA, it seems to have pretty solid evidence in regards to blood sugar regulation/insulin sensitivity. Ah yeah Glutathione is powerful for some people!

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Have had a trial on the regular ALA, but wasnt what i expected to be. It gave some inner ear super sensitivity for some reason and lasted 2-3 months, it got away on its own, it might be related to some blood sugar regulation which i didint felt at all. In generalk its powerful antioxidant as per literature.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Never though about the glucose up there, but in the past i had some blood sugar fluctuations due to my almost constant changes in diet and experiments. I havent had such a noticeable blood sugar drops since many months, maybe that was when i was trying ALA in 100-300mg a day or dose.
Even wrote to some Intl ear doctors about the thing and i dont think they come with any explanation. Local ear doctor look at it even touched my drum to see if anythings OK, it was OK since i felt it. He said it was a piece of hair :))
What i was feeling was intermittent tingling. I think it could be changes to some peripheral either nerve or blood vessel, but idk what is the mechanism exactly.

Last edited: