Akisun's log

Dec 16, 2019
I crashed over 2 years ago after I used a herbal bath with horsetail (Equisetum arvense) extract… I went through many bad phases and some good too.
I thought I was almost cured because I was feeling pretty normal since around Christmas 2018 (with a short bad period in April), until I crashed again last November out of nowhere. Now I feel almost as bad as in the very beginning, with my symptoms being:
  • Pain: genital, prostate, muscle, joint, headache, teeth
  • Muscle weakness and loss
  • Fluctuating EQ
  • Little sensation (genital and all over body, especially hands)
  • Weight loss
  • Head pressure
  • Bad sleep
  • Losing body hair
  • Irritability
  • Fatigue
  • Low libido
  • Digestive problems (both extremes)
Over the past 2 years, I’ve seen many doctors (none of which were helpful in any way) and got diagnosed with a few things:
  • Pituitary adenoma (5mm, hormonally inactive at that time)
  • Had myocarditis
  • Varicocele
  • Very small prostate
Some general info about me:
25 years old, 178cm, smoker, very high sugar intake (mainly through beverages), gained weight since initial crash, never had hair loss.
I have been taking Testo for about 1 year, at first topical, then injections (100mg/week, adjusted to my SHBG)
I’m on a break for several weeks now, I did hair test during break. Should receive the results in 2 weeks or so.
things I want to do/try:
  • Keto/Carnivore diet
  • Water fasting
  • Get wisdom teeth removed since they’re inflamed and my teeth are getting worse lately (not sure when, I don’t think having even minor surgery is a good idea right now, since most anaesthetics don’t work on me.)
Questions:
  • Could horsetail be working similar to Saw Palmetto? (because both contain beta-sitosterol)
  • During my wife’s pregnancy, could her elevated progesterone levels somehow have influenced me? (I’ve seen studies saying there’s some hormonal exchange between sexual partners/people living together; also I’ve read on here that Testo works if Progesterone levels are matching)
  • Since I smoke, I know it makes fasting/diet hard; could it still work while smoking? Is it better to quit smoking before or is the impact of fasting detox + nicotine withdrawal too much for the body?

I’ll attach my complete blood work (put it onto a single sheet for comparison) and a detailed rundown of my health history and the phases I had since the first crash.

Attachments

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
I have been taking Testo for about 1 year, at first topical, then injections (100mg/week, adjusted to my SHBG)
I’m on a break for several weeks now, I did hair test during break. Should receive the results in 2 weeks or so.
things I want to do/try:
  • Keto/Carnivore diet
  • Water fasting
  • Get wisdom teeth removed since they’re inflamed and my teeth are getting worse lately (not sure when, I don’t think having even minor surgery is a good idea right now, since most anaesthetics don’t work on me.)
Questions:
  • Could horsetail be working similar to Saw Palmetto? (because both contain beta-sitosterol)
  • During my wife’s pregnancy, could her elevated progesterone levels somehow have influenced me? (I’ve seen studies saying there’s some hormonal exchange between sexual partners/people living together; also I’ve read on here that Testo works if Progesterone levels are matching)
  • Since I smoke, I know it makes fasting/diet hard; could it still work while smoking? Is it better to quit smoking before or is the impact of fasting detox + nicotine withdrawal too much for the body?

I’ll attach my complete blood work (put it onto a single sheet for comparison) and a detailed rundown of my health history and the phases I had since the first crash.
I would do the following:

1.) Water fast, two weeks or longer if you can. No more than three, IMO. This will cleanse the body well since you've been using synthetic hormones for a long period of time.
2.) Proper refeed - get on a solid diet for three or four weeks. Carnivore, slow oxi diet, Okinawa, keto, etc.
3.) Hair test again at this point, your initial test is going to still be greatly influenced by the testosterone if you've only been off for two weeks.
4.) Follow recommendations on the HTMA, if you're wanting that route. If not, attempt another protocol such as CDsnuts or the Electrolyte protocol.
5.) I would say this is a very important step - quit smoking. Preferably before or during your fast. The withdrawal will suck, I know (I use/used smokeless tobacco for many years, completely quit now) but it's fucking up your acetylcholine system. Not worth it when you're trying to balance the body.

Dec 16, 2019
@Walker thank you for the recommendation!
I forgot to mention: my weight is 68kg at the moment; could that be too low for water fasting? (Is it possible to loose "too much " weight?)

When refeeding, probably first do the "normal" refeeding protocol and then start the diet (I'm probably going for carnivore)? I figure going straight for meat after fasting is not a great idea...

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
@Walker thank you for the recommendation!
I forgot to mention: my weight is 68kg at the moment; could that be too low for water fasting? (Is it possible to loose "too much " weight?)

When refeeding, probably first do the "normal" refeeding protocol and then start the diet (I'm probably going for carnivore)? I figure going straight for meat after fasting is not a great idea...
Obviously, keep an eye on it - but skinny or thin people fast too. It shouldn't be a problem.

On your second questions, I would do a refeed protocol, then switch to carnivore if you're going that path. Someone like @MCurtone would be better to tell you if jumping directly in to carnivore is the way to go or not, I have no proper experience with the diet.

Dec 16, 2019
@Walker @Bankai900 thank you, I'll do some more research on that. unfortunately can't start fasting right now because of family stuff. I'm planning to start in ~ 3 weeks or so.

I got some new labs from just before Christmas.
Blood was taken 3 weeks after I stopped Testo.

DHEA-S 4760 ng/ml (1300-4600) +
LH 0,3 u/l (2,0-8,0) -
Testosterone 3.32 ng/ml (3,0-10,0)
SHBG 27,0 nmol/l (13-71)
Estradiol <5 pg/ml (5,0-50,0) -

will update the chart on first post