Admiral’s PFS Log..

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
I didn’t. The recommendations didn’t include any. Did yours? I’m not sure they recommend at all..
Ah I assumed it was included in your recs since you mentioned it, my bad. It was in my recommendations, betaine + pepsin with a bunch of added b vitamins. Couldn't find it anywhere in Europe so I ordered it from the US. Expensive but I want to do it right

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
Ah I assumed it was included in your recs since you mentioned it, my bad. It was in my recommendations, betaine + pepsin with a bunch of added b vitamins. Couldn't find it anywhere in Europe so I ordered it from the US. Expensive but I want to do it right
Ah okay.

Weird that mine didn’t recommand any. Biocoherence sell this one:

Betaine HCL met pepsine | Biocoherence Nederland

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
New Jersey, USA
I wouldn't take HCl if it wasn't recommended to you, because it would have been left out for a reason. It can affect your potassium levels and your metabolism. Taking digestive enzymes not included in GB3 shouldn't negatively affect the program, though.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Give yourself 2-3 weeks of refeed before beginning ARL. What do you think @gbolduev ? I think that should be earliest you should begin.

You just fasted and destroyed your body as @Orion mentioned. ARL at first does some destroying so let yourself recoup until then.

Right now I’m on my 3rd day of ARL and understandably so my symptoms right now resemble a fast quite a bit. Body is going to work on itself. You don’t need that just yet but in a few weeks yes.

Cooked vegetables, soups right now. Get a lottttt of sea salt on your foods and soups.

There’s a fasting link from @mattyb in October or so. We need to get that in a locked thread for fasting advice. But I’m sure you can find it in the search bar.

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
Yeah I think I will follow the detox protocol for dummies for about a week/10 days first and then jump on the ARL program.

It still baffles me betaine HCL wasn’t suggested. I need that stuff.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
If GB-3 is in your program (is it?) then that takes the role of Betaine HCL for you. WHY USE GB-3 AS A DIGESTIVE AID

I'm still using a little bit of betaine HCL with big protein meals (meat or fish) which I only have about 1 a day. Other protein meals include egg whites with tea, bone broths, protein powders. We want proteins but when we are sick its not easy for the liver/gut to digest all these proteins. Liquid form is nice for me but I'm doing solid with the one meat/fish serving per day.

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
Thanks again Brusch.
I was also planning to add a little extra HCL with high protein meals.
Can’t wait to start.

Just broke my fast. This chicken broth, lemon and egg soup was horrible. And seeing how dog shit can taste like a piece of warm apple pie when you first break your fast, you can imagine my skills in the kitchen. God, I have 3 pans still..

Next up is some vegetable juice and perhaps a bit of fruit juice later on.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
No sugar right now. I'm so freaking mad right now can't find @mattyb 's chart he put up early on. I gotta get this link on here. It's just the perfect thing for someone to have on hand post-fast. Tells you what you can and can't eat pretty much. It's simple, but such a good tool for someone who just completed a longer fast.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Found it baby!

Days 1-7
Focus on mineral intake, particularly magnesium, sodium and potassium
Calories will still be low at this point, you'll likely regain some water weight but continue to lose fat
Vegetable broths, soups, well cooked vegetables, cooked leafy greens, etc.
Maybe some rice
Minimal herbs/spices
A bit of fats (eggs, butter) mixed in with the soups
Not very much protein, if any
Introduce food/calories slowly

Days 7-21
Anything from days 1-7 would be fine
Calorie intake will be slightly low, trending towards maintenance near the third week
Fresh vegetables and greens marinated in olive oil/vinegar
Some herbs/spices
More rice, maybe some well-cooked oats, small amounts of fruit, possibly small amounts of tubers
Small amounts of well cooked meat/seafood daily (slow roasted would be a good option)
Increase fat and protein gradually to get pancreas and gallbladder up to speed over these two weeks.

Days 21+
Everything from before is fine
Calories should be around maintenance near this point
By this point you should be able to exercise easily
More fruit, more carbohydrates (according to activity levels)
More foods high in manganese (oats, cereals, etc.) if well tolerated
More meat (and/or supplement zinc)
Tubers could be introduced if well tolerated
Should be hitting near the RDA of most vitamins/minerals by this point, with maybe the exception of calcium and vitamins e/d.
If digestion is robust at this point you can likely eat whatever your intuition is pushing you towards

@TubZy lets put this somewhere with easy access for people. Maybe a thread in the start here area. This was my bible after my fast. Admittedly I ate a shit load of dunkaroo dip and cookies on day 8. Like way too much lol. I handled it fine though! For a friendsgiving party haha. I was pretty good discipline wise tho other than that.

Orion

Oct 3, 2017

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
@freeflow is a dentist !!!!! lol you should put that in your signature. I had a dentist appointment and for the first time in 7-10 years or even ever was I told that my teeth and gums were in great shape.

Lyme/mycoplasma all these years left dentist's disappointed in my teeth after each visit. I haven't changed a thing with my toothcare except all the health measures for PFS/Lyme/myco.

TubZy

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Found it baby!

Days 1-7
Focus on mineral intake, particularly magnesium, sodium and potassium
Calories will still be low at this point, you'll likely regain some water weight but continue to lose fat
Vegetable broths, soups, well cooked vegetables, cooked leafy greens, etc.
Maybe some rice
Minimal herbs/spices
A bit of fats (eggs, butter) mixed in with the soups
Not very much protein, if any
Introduce food/calories slowly

Days 7-21
Anything from days 1-7 would be fine
Calorie intake will be slightly low, trending towards maintenance near the third week
Fresh vegetables and greens marinated in olive oil/vinegar
Some herbs/spices
More rice, maybe some well-cooked oats, small amounts of fruit, possibly small amounts of tubers
Small amounts of well cooked meat/seafood daily (slow roasted would be a good option)
Increase fat and protein gradually to get pancreas and gallbladder up to speed over these two weeks.

Days 21+
Everything from before is fine
Calories should be around maintenance near this point
By this point you should be able to exercise easily
More fruit, more carbohydrates (according to activity levels)
More foods high in manganese (oats, cereals, etc.) if well tolerated
More meat (and/or supplement zinc)
Tubers could be introduced if well tolerated
Should be hitting near the RDA of most vitamins/minerals by this point, with maybe the exception of calcium and vitamins e/d.
If digestion is robust at this point you can likely eat whatever your intuition is pushing you towards

@TubZy lets put this somewhere with easy access for people. Maybe a thread in the start here area. This was my bible after my fast. Admittedly I ate a shit load of dunkaroo dip and cookies on day 8. Like way too much lol. I handled it fine though! For a friendsgiving party haha. I was pretty good discipline wise tho other than that.
Make a thread I will sticky it