Accutane recoveries using Finasteride

Lost

Dec 21, 2017
India
@cnb30 You posted on pasforum that you were taking abilify, is your emotional recovery due to that or fin or you cant say.

Anyways, you may keep trying fin just to see the end of that road now.

Flynn

Dec 5, 2017
Just posted this on the pasforum but thought I'd report here - "If FIN works by altering 5AR activity and potentially up regulates the expression of 5AR. Isn't it possible that another weaker 5AR inhibitor such as saw palmetto which has less side effects, may also be effective and far less risky option to try?"

I know its a big IF, and there are many theories of why FIN helps.

Also are there any 5AR inhibitor which are reversible. I believe FIN is irreversible. May also make it less risky. As even if body doesn't upregulate 5AR, you would still eventually get your existing 5AR back online once you stop treatment.

Lost

Dec 21, 2017
India
Thats awesome bro, if you haven't written your present condition yet could you do that. If you already have could you link me to it?

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
I havent noticed too much of a change yet. Furthermore, how do you need to taper off if something that’s omly 1mg?
gotcha covered, buddy check it:

".A slow tapering regime for finasteride involves the following in broad outline:

a.going to about 0.25 mg a day straightaway (this inhibits DHT the same as 1mg/day),

b.then going to 0.25mg every second day, third day and then fourth day.

c.At this point you should reduce the dose, while dosing every fourth day. An eight of a tablet is 0.125mg.

d.Ideally you would get down to about 0.04mg every fourth day which might be done by very careful cutting up of eights of a tablet."

source:
Do not stop finasteride cold turkey! A strong argument to taper to very low doses.

Oct 10, 2017
gotcha covered, buddy check it:

".A slow tapering regime for finasteride involves the following in broad outline:

a.going to about 0.25 mg a day straightaway (this inhibits DHT the same as 1mg/day),

b.then going to 0.25mg every second day, third day and then fourth day.

c.At this point you should reduce the dose, while dosing every fourth day. An eight of a tablet is 0.125mg.

d.Ideally you would get down to about 0.04mg every fourth day which might be done by very careful cutting up of eights of a tablet."

source:
Do not stop finasteride cold turkey! A strong argument to taper to very low doses.
How do we know Finasteride is evenly distributed in the pill? Cutting into tiny pieces is probably not a good way to get accurate doses, I’m just guessing I don’t know

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
@Aflac94 Mortar and pestle and taking some powder at a time (using a scale ideally). Or capping it/ parachuting it should work.
Save parachuting for "fun" drugs tho, not this thing.

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
How do we know Finasteride is evenly distributed in the pill? Cutting into tiny pieces is probably not a good way to get accurate doses, I’m just guessing I don’t know
thats why i would dilute it in water the way that research chem places do

Flynn

Dec 5, 2017
I’m planning to do this in multiple 10 day rounds.I may simply continue with it too.
yeah its good to experiment with low dosages for shorter periods. But you may need to try longer rounds to get noticeable benefits. Everyone else seems to have use for at least a month. one question, even though you got no benefits, did you notice any big negative effects from taking FIN or was it ok?

cnb30

Jan 21, 2018
Philadelphia/Richmond VA/NYC
yeah its good to experiment with low dosages for shorter periods. But you may need to try longer rounds to get noticeable benefits. Everyone else seems to have use for at least a month. one question, even though you got no benefits, did you notice any big negative effects from taking FIN or was it ok?
I've been doing Fin since about the 22nd and not seen any difference. Honestly my mental health has gone to pure shit ever since taking Accutane, and I lack the ability to perceive reality or register anything anymore. I will try to take this for another 2 weeks and then stop and wait. Please tell me for the love of god that my mental state at least partially recovers. I can't spend an entire life like this or I will fall into dysfunction and die within a couple years.

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
I've been doing Fin since about the 22nd and not seen any difference. Honestly my mental health has gone to pure shit ever since taking Accutane, and I lack the ability to perceive reality or register anything anymore. I will try to take this for another 2 weeks and then stop and wait. Please tell me for the love of god that my mental state at least partially recovers. I can't spend an entire life like this or I will fall into dysfunction and die within a couple years.

The difference usually happens once you hop off.
You should see some kind of benefit.
Worst case you could always give ru486 a shot which has worked exceptianally for mental clarity and maybe combining it with fin could be advantageous as well.

We still have options for you man

Yura

Mar 12, 2018
Czech Republic
I will look into buying RUB486. My financial situation is in MUCH better shape that it was a couple weeks ago so I can afford to buy more now.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that it seems like my acne is somewhat worse, so i’m hopeful that’s a good sign.
What is your diet like? Gluten/casein free?