Accutane recoveries using Finasteride

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
Not sure on the exact mechanism of this, but there have been a number of recoveries for accutane sufferers by taking finasteride for a small period of time, following the 'Dr Pezzi method' (he is an actual doctor who recovered from his accutane side effects by taking finasteride).

There are a few other documented recoveries by people following this same method, and just recently a guy on one of the accutane forms has followed this method, and so far, sounds like things are good (too early to say if the improvements will stick though). This is his updates from starting to take fin, to bouncing back after stopping;
Hey just wanted to let you know that I took my first dose of propecia this morning. No effect so far but I will keep you update.
After 2 weeks on fin I can tell you something in my body is def. going on. I got no big mental or sexual changes but I get big pimples on my back which I never had before, not even post accutane. I get hot flashes too just like I had them on accutane. Dont know if its good or not I will keep you updated. Forgot the weirdest effect: I think I'm losing hair on my head hahaha now who can explain this shit to me?
Hey guys,
today I stopped taking finasteride and now I want to see what happens. After 25 days I think it is better for me to stop. Some very weird things are going on and I have the same feeling I had when was on Accutane. These disgusting drugs are causing hell on earth and I hope they take them of the market soon. I have acne on my back from fin! How can this happen as I have got no changes in Libido ED problems? I will now wait and see if I get improvement. If not I will maybe do another cycle or if anyone has pther theorys that might be risky just tell me and I try. Cant get any worse at this point and I dont care
After looking like he got no benefits from it, he then bounced back;
This morning I was drivin my car to my barber and was getting an erection out of nowhere. I couldn't get out of my car because people would have seen it so I had to stay in for about 3 minutes. I was feelin my heartbeat inside it very intensive and it felt really good. In that moment I knew why I am so depressive all the time. Its because we all are living just for that feeling. I can say just now that we are not fucked up foever, we just need to switch something in our bodys that is damaged by drugs. I will now tell you every single change that happens in the next weeks so you can work with it because some of you really got knowlegde more than doctors I think . Cheers
Finally I'm back in life. I'm feeling unbeleavble today. My dick is full of blood all day long and I feel my libido again. I really hope it stays that way forever. I can archieve erection just by thinking of sex for the first time in 7 years. I dont know what the fuck is going on but I know that I dont care because I feel strong. Now please pray for me that it keeps working. Will keep you updated.
Hey guys, time for an update.
I'm still feeling very good and healthy. I can't say if the effect is permanent but I know at this moment right now that for me all my symptoms are gone. I don't have depression,pain in my stomach or at my back and sex feels great. I think its even more intensive than ever before. So as side effect from propecia I know got acne at my back and I hope it stays forever haha;). Seriosly, its 100% clear for me that all my sides were related to hormonal dysbalance. I was in the gym yesterday for the first time in 2 years and after it I felt like my workout wasn't hard enough. Can't believe it
What are people theories on this?! Seems to be a similar sort of 'bounce back on stopping' like other have reported from cycling things like licorice root.

More on Dr Pezzi (the guy above actually got in touch with him prior to starting the fin 'treatment');

http://www.erbook.net/accutane.htm

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
The guy above used the following amounts;
I took a half pill 10 days then 10 days a full pill and for 5 days a quarter. I wanted to take the 5 mg longer but felt extremly weird so I decided to taper of and stop it. Dr Pezzi himself only did one cycle but did it for 2 years I think
This is another recovery from a user called dimmer, also from acne.og;
hello guys,

i would like to share my success story with you.I was suffering from chronic low libido which i am sure was caused by accutane.I experienced complete absence of sexual sensation on my genitals and as a result erectile dysfunction and difficulty having an orgasm.After i stopped taking accutane my symptoms strangely got worse as the time passed instead of improving.I tried various things to reverse my libido loss such as healthy diet,some drugs that were supposed to help improve libido, but nothing worked.I then found a report in the internet about dr. Pezzi who has written the book ''the science of sex'' and claimed that he reversed his libido loss caused by accutane by taking the drug finasteride.I was determined to find a solution to my problem so i decided to try it.I began taking 1mg/day and then slowly increased to 5mg/day.I took it for a total of 5 months.During that time i started experiencing a return of my acne which was accompanied by a small increase in libido and a slight return of sexual sensation.I continued taking it as long as i noticed some positive effects.The big surprise happened when i decided to stop taking the drug.I experienced a huge increase in libido,sexual sensation and acne.My spontaneous and morning erections which were gone since i had taken accutane came back and i no longer had problems reaching an orgasm.I don't know what exactly this drug did to my system but it worked.6 months have passed since i stopped taking finasteride and i still experience all the positive effects,so i believe the effects are permanent.I now feel like a normal man of my age(i am 28 years old).The only side effect i had was the return of acne but i believe that has to do with the return of my libido but i prefer having acne and a healthy libido than having no acne and no libido.
https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/295030-repairing-the-long-term-damage-from-accutane/?page=198

And one more, same method;
my problem was that i had ed problem caused by roacutane( age 16), and a hairloss problem that started in my early 20. knowing i am in a place with ariguably two of the worst problems a man could have, and no answer to niehter, i decided to give propecia a chance about 5 months ago - which is the main reason i dident post here , feeling bad i am taking this horrible drug but i had to give it a shot on my hair problem, knowing again that i have no sex life at all pretty much.after 3 months with it , i decided i cant give propecia a chance to clear my slight chance of ever recovering from my ed problem i stoped.. i have to say, 4 days after i stoped, i started having my spontanous erections back, morning ererctions also came back to me, wanting sex like every 24 year old should have came back also. i almost feel as normal .. thinking it just might be temporary i dident do much . but hey.. i think i am almost back as any normal guy (allthough i cant really recall how that is after 7 years feelin g nothing and having no idea i have a problem untilll runing in into this forum )
well , right now i figured ill check on into stuff aroun,, and came across this thread.. i thought of posting my last experiince though it might help others, i hope i am good as normal, not sure! if my experince could help cure you guyss, we might be on to something here.. hope again that all of you will cure from your problems.
http://www.allthingsmale.com/community/threads/official-accutane-thread.20097/page-30

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
tanedout post_id=1658 time=1508241357 user_id=523 said:
Not sure on the exact mechanism of this, but there have been a number of recoveries for accutane sufferers by taking finasteride for a small period of time, following the 'Dr Pezzi method' (he is an actual doctor who recovered from his accutane side effects by taking finasteride).

There are a few other documented recoveries by people following this same method, and just recently a guy on one of the accutane forms has followed this method, and so far, sounds like things are good (too early to say if the improvements will stick though). This is his updates from starting to take fin, to bouncing back after stopping;
Hey just wanted to let you know that I took my first dose of propecia this morning. No effect so far but I will keep you update.
After 2 weeks on fin I can tell you something in my body is def. going on. I got no big mental or sexual changes but I get big pimples on my back which I never had before, not even post accutane. I get hot flashes too just like I had them on accutane. Dont know if its good or not I will keep you updated. Forgot the weirdest effect: I think I'm losing hair on my head hahaha now who can explain this shit to me?
Hey guys,
today I stopped taking finasteride and now I want to see what happens. After 25 days I think it is better for me to stop. Some very weird things are going on and I have the same feeling I had when was on Accutane. These disgusting drugs are causing hell on earth and I hope they take them of the market soon. I have acne on my back from fin! How can this happen as I have got no changes in Libido ED problems? I will now wait and see if I get improvement. If not I will maybe do another cycle or if anyone has pther theorys that might be risky just tell me and I try. Cant get any worse at this point and I dont care
After looking like he got no benefits from it, he then bounced back;
This morning I was drivin my car to my barber and was getting an erection out of nowhere. I couldn't get out of my car because people would have seen it so I had to stay in for about 3 minutes. I was feelin my heartbeat inside it very intensive and it felt really good. In that moment I knew why I am so depressive all the time. Its because we all are living just for that feeling. I can say just now that we are not fucked up foever, we just need to switch something in our bodys that is damaged by drugs. I will now tell you every single change that happens in the next weeks so you can work with it because some of you really got knowlegde more than doctors I think . Cheers
Finally I'm back in life. I'm feeling unbeleavble today. My dick is full of blood all day long and I feel my libido again. I really hope it stays that way forever. I can archieve erection just by thinking of sex for the first time in 7 years. I dont know what the fuck is going on but I know that I dont care because I feel strong. Now please pray for me that it keeps working. Will keep you updated.
Hey guys, time for an update.
I'm still feeling very good and healthy. I can't say if the effect is permanent but I know at this moment right now that for me all my symptoms are gone. I don't have depression,pain in my stomach or at my back and sex feels great. I think its even more intensive than ever before. So as side effect from propecia I know got acne at my back and I hope it stays forever haha;). Seriosly, its 100% clear for me that all my sides were related to hormonal dysbalance. I was in the gym yesterday for the first time in 2 years and after it I felt like my workout wasn't hard enough. Can't believe it
What are people theories on this?! Seems to be a similar sort of 'bounce back on stopping' like other have reported from cycling things like licorice root.

More on Dr Pezzi (the guy above actually got in touch with him prior to starting the fin 'treatment');

http://www.erbook.net/accutane.htm
That is interesting story about this guy...I have heart different similar stories.
The only thing missing to get a conclusion about these kind of recoveries is their blood tests and hair tests.. with them, we could understand better what is the mechanism and what the values of progesterone etc...
I guess you really need to be super brave to go on finasteride again.

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
I am a woman and I can just notice how much "cycling" is important! Men and women do definitely have some sort of different health issues, and hormones are primordial to health. Sometimes men and women do not understand each other because they do not understand their endocrine differences. And they affect mood etc.

I can just see how important is the effect of what we take: think about taking something for the result when you stop it! Do I understand [mention]gbolduev[/mention] well when he talks about this being contrarian endocrinology? You look for an effect after stopping, and it plays on receptor sensitivity? Also taking mineral should be targeted right. I am curious about what he will say of this "poison and counter-poison" that you found...

I wonder how work hormones in men, as they do not have cycles... What does the trick for them? Is there a sort of cycle between hormones that takes place in the body? Like some hormones being changed to others etc. Even energy is cycling as the cytric cycle, transformations are so fundamentals! I think I messed myself by taking progest-e without cycling it for example. And a good liver is fundamental for re-cycling hormones.

I also understand how much we can see in a urine analysis, and my guess is that the less there is in it, the more it means we are cycling stuff inside and the better we are.

Shadow

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Very interesting!!

Ive read about low dosing SSRI to treat PFS. But this is new to me!

Shadow

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Accutane reduces transcription of 5ar type 1 and 3b-hsd many fold, competitively inhibits some forms of 3a-HSD, and the receptor that one of Accutane's metabolites binds to (RXR receptor) dimerizes with androgen receptor, thereby reducing transcription of AR target genes.

Many SSRI's drastically increase the reductive activity of 3a-HSD (DHT -> 3a-diol and DHP -> allopregnanolone), while inhibiting their oxidative activity (Allopregnanolone -> DHP and 3a-diol -> DHT) of the same enzymes, leading to a deficiency of DHT in effected cells.

Bottom line: Finasteride, Accutane, and SSRI's all reduce intracellular DHT via different mechanisms.
For some reason a small amount of individuals cannot tolerate the reduction of DHT and it triggers a syndrome most commonly when the drug is removed. This is the cause of Post Finasteride Syndrome.
Discussion:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/4rbpwy/ssris_accutane_and_finasteride_the_similarities/

One of PSSD forum members recovered using low dose ssri:
https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/pete-low-dose-ssri/

SSRIs act as selective brain steroidogenic stimulants (SBSSs) at low doses that are inactive on 5-HT reuptake
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670606/

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors directly alter activity of neurosteroidogenic enzymes.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10557352

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
This is what I have pieced together from gbolduev's thought on accutane;

Since accutane is the end product of the retinoic pathway, it depletes all the all the path co-factor requirements. Zn, Molybdenum, NAD, B6, etc... all get dumped. Retinoic acid is required along with cholesterol and thyroid(potassium) to get pregnenolone, then 3bHSD(zinc) makes progesterone. So accutane causes issues with progesterone sensitivity, most likely making potassium in cells sky high, body adjusts to this by increasing progesterone receptors. When you stop accutane, you do have zinc(but its bio-unavailable), progesterone is too sensitive and puts potassium sky high into the cell(hypothyroid). You also require cortisol, but cortisol is made from progesterone and your body cannot raise progesterone since cells are loaded with potassium. It like a catch-22.

Fin probably helps since it is a progestin and regulates potassium levels in the cell, but would provide a whole other set of problems, would not recommend. This is also why birth control(progestins) and Spironolactone are successful in treating acne in women, they both work on potassium.

Easiest fix seems to be water fast for days or weeks to dump potassium out of the cell, then take high dose Progesterone for 3-5 days during fast to reduce progesterone receptors. Then eating diet to retain Zn and co-factors, and probably somewhat low in Potassium for awhile.

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
Should have added since accutane is retinoic acid, it increases your progesterone levels greatly while taking it, so you get clear. But this increases the receptors, and causes the progesterone sensitivity issues post accutane, which locks potassium sky high in cells, then you have post accutane syndrome(issues with prog, cortisol, thyroid...).

My hair tests showed this, and got great results doing a short 3 day fast with high dose Prog in August. I am testing this theory again this week, with a proper longer water fast, and a bigger dose of Prog during. I don't think I applied it right in Aug, and didn't break that fast with proper nutrition.

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
Orion post_id=1669 time=1508249125 user_id=56 said:
My hair tests showed this, and got great results doing a short 3 day fast with high dose Prog in August. I am testing this theory again this week, with a proper longer water fast, and a bigger dose of Prog during. I don't think I applied it right in Aug, and didn't break that fast with proper nutrition.
This is interesting - I'm planning on another short water fast later this week (I'm assuming you are post-Accutane too?)

So taking progesterone during the fast is supposed to reduce the number of receptors? How much prog did you take last time?

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
tanedout post_id=1705 time=1508271829 user_id=523 said:
Orion post_id=1669 time=1508249125 user_id=56 said:
This is interesting - I'm planning on another short water fast later this week (I'm assuming you are post-Accutane too?)

So taking progesterone during the fast is supposed to reduce the number of receptors? How much prog did you take last time?
First 3 day water fast in August had 200mg/day Prog, nice results, but they didn't stick, as I didnt break fast properly and then stick to good foods after. Second fast in Sept was 14 days water fast without Prog, decent results but only stuck for two weeks with proper breaking fast and foods.

This fast i started monday will be longer(planning 40days - Breuss), planning on doing 300mg/day for 4 days starting tomorrow, and might do another similar Prog round at the end. I think like the RU trials, it may take a few times to 'stick'

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
Sorry forgot to mention, two time accutane exposure, never got severe libido sides or brain fog, but in the long run made my skin much worse. Also too way much masturbation during teens and adulthood has contributed to the issues...

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
Snell1234 post_id=1665 time=1508247975 user_id=51 said:
@gbolduev get in here son and explain the mechanism of this for us
I think these stories of people with post Accutane syndrome getting good results from taking Finastride goes along with the basic logic of his theory.

Can't remember for certain but he did say that post Accutane syndrome and PFS have similar if not the same underlying cause.. right?

so Finastride is a Prog (probable a powerful prog) according to Gbold. So if taking a prog has the ability to down regulate or upregulate receptors as sees fit (according to your current prog levels) than this could explain why these guys got improvements from taking a prog (Finastride).In their case the Prog adjusted the senesivity of their receptors in the direction they needed them to be adjusted in.

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
[quote="5 alpha" post_id=1713 time=1508279512 user_id=57]
I think these stories of people with post Accutane syndrome getting good results from taking Finastride goes along with the basic logic of his theory.

Can't remember for certain but he did say that post Accutane syndrome and PFS have similar if not the same underlying cause.. right?

so Finastride is a Prog (probable a powerful prog) according to Gbold. So if taking a prog has the ability to down regulate or upregulate receptors as sees fit (according to your current prog levels) than this could explain why these guys got improvements from taking a prog (Finastride).In their case the Prog adjusted the senesivity of their receptors in the direction they needed them to be adjusted in.
[/quote]

Yep PSSD, POIS, PFS, accutance seem to be all similar to progestins, so you are better off trying to resolve with fasting, RU486, real Prog, or clomid/dostinex protocol. I think using Fin would make the issues worse in the long run.

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
Okay this is truely remarkable!

I wonder if accutane can cure PFS haha jk or can it????

Just goes to show potassium, progesterone, 3bhsd are the reasons for these illnesses. Now finding how to fix them all is another story. Someone I think has claimed to cure their PFS with finasteride and I have read an article that someone cured their PFS with dutasteride. I'm curous as to how this works.

Maybe this works if PFS is caused by too sensitive progesterone receptors?

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona

[/quote]

Yeah I think finasteride is a powerful progestin that is unable to be metabolized into nuerosteroids n such. This is some very interesting info tho. I know we are on the right track as far as what causes these illnesses now it's a matter of stirring the pot just right so that you bounce back just right.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
IHateFin post_id=1718 time=1508281725 user_id=48 said:
Okay this is truely remarkable!

I wonder if accutane can cure PFS haha jk or can it????

Just goes to show potassium, progesterone, 3bhsd are the reasons for these illnesses. Now finding how to fix them all is another story. Someone I think has claimed to cure their PFS with finasteride and I have read an article that someone cured their PFS with dutasteride. I'm curous as to how this works.

Maybe this works if PFS is caused by too sensitive progesterone receptors?
" I wonder if accutane can cure PFS haha jk or can it????"

lmfao! This really is a mind fuck. Not so long ago I would look at this and say no way. Now the evidence to support this is starting to stack up. It's unreal.

The hard part will be figuring out the status of our receptors. Everything is pointing towards right now Gbold being right and a powerful prog having the ability to upregulate or down regulate the receptors. It's probable different for all of our cases. Hopefully we can connect dots that make this an exact science.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
IHateFin post_id=1722 time=1508282499 user_id=48 said:

Yeah I think finasteride is a powerful progestin that is unable to be metabolized into nuerosteroids n such. This is some very interesting info tho. I know we are on the right track as far as what causes these illnesses now it's a matter of stirring the pot just right so that you bounce back just right.
[/quote]

yes sir! imagine that if this is the solution. and for years we have been tricked to go down a rabbit hole looking into 5ar...

that's some sneaky stuff...

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
[quote="5 alpha" post_id=1725 time=1508282849 user_id=57]
IHateFin post_id=1722 time=1508282499 user_id=48 said:

[/quote]

yes sir! imagine that if this is the solution. and for years we have been tricked to go down a rabbit hole looking into 5ar...

that's some sneaky stuff...
[/quote]

Dude seriously!

I bet that if we could take a few smart biochemists, this forum and gboldev and create a diagram of accutain, ssris and finasteride and have a column of every single thing or enzyme and receptor each of them affects and how they affect them we can probs connect the dots and have answers on why fin kills post accutain and if the inverse could truely be a cure for PFS

joekool

Staff member
Oct 4, 2017
Yea this is wild info... I would want more info but...

The 2nd use case described full pill at 5mg that they wanted to take longer... Finasteride in 5mg is labeled proscar & is for prostate cancer... 1mg is propecia (probably not news to anyone here) but getting proscar is a tad harder to get your hands on... only because of who they give that to... black market is typically Fin in 1mg tabs plus herbs

Either way, I'm not denying what's written & have taken somewhat experimental ideas myself... it just goes against everything i know thus far to suggest 5mgs of fin under any circumstances...

Definitely mind blown [mention]IHateFin[/mention]