A kind of IBS I cant find solution to - Please Help.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
For me its almost as easy as copper -> diarrhea. Iron -> constipation. Not just the 2 minerals but everything that works with those two. But this could totally be dependant on an individual.
Supplements that bind copper for example, help me instantly with diarrhea and over time help with urge but make me prone to constipation if I overdo it. (I actually never had constipation in my life before trying iron/molybdenum)

On the other hand things that make copper more bioavailable or maybe release it from tissue or liver, -> diarrhea + if overdone inflammation.
Somehow similar with Iron and its synergists etc.

But all this could be just in my case.

Reg. B-Vits, B1 improves digestion significantly, B2 worsens it. Methyl Folate, Methyl B12, Methyl B6 all improved urge-issue for me but made inflammation worse. Such things that increase methylation or metabolism always helped me but made my inflammation worse. I needed copper binders as I think increasing metabolism increased copper excretion.

I always had shallow breathing and in times of stress, I got those kind of adrenaline panic attacks. And breathing increased massively. And Urge was not bearable.
First things I found to help me were metabolism increasing supplements.
They increased my breathing drive and I did not have such panic attacks and almost no urge. But it only worked as I was using them and very short term.

Also I felt like my food-burning-rate was bad. My digestion always was good. No sign of indigestion at all. But it was always too much in relation to what I ate. Like too little uptake. And I did not even eat much fibre. I as well could go 6 times a day big time.

Now after doing this anti copper / Nutritional Balancing thing for a while. My breathing drive has normalized and I dont get this feeling anymore. +And my "burning rate"/ digestion has improved. So basically what I was feeling doing B1 and metabolism increasing things is now my new normal / Baseline.
In the beginning I could not use any B6 without getting into a UC flare. Even while on Medication. Now with TEI there is 160mg a day + I even can do some histidine. Which would have totally kickstarted UC 1-1,5y ago.

There is something like Bile induced diarrhea. (BAM Bile acid induced malabsorption) Could have something to do with copper. And I think its part of my issues as well. Its said for fibre to help ease this.
But I think as soon as you know if its about copper or whatever, there are better ways than just fibre.

I had no problems holding the urge at the start of my issues as well. Unfortunately it got way worse. Tried so much different shit back then. Without any direction. I think doing gluten free for several months did worsen it quite a bit. Maybe Keto after as well.(Dark chocolate 90%, self made Almond-bread, still drinking tap-copper water, lots of potatoes, potato chips, fries, lots of gluten free instant oats, and freaking nuts) [reading this I basically just ate copper, oof]
At the point it was at its worst, I basically found some dudes on RPeat and this whole Hackstasis thing started.
But in the beginning I was trying to do this hairtest thing all on my own without following any plan. Might have saved me from some flares and also made me learn things but also did waste too much time.
Thanks alot for your time and hence the detailed write-up.
This all sounds way to familiair. Even though my hair-test shows a way different starting point.
Either way, got some thinking to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Dark chocolate 90%, self made Almond-bread, still drinking tap-copper water, lots of potatoes, potato chips, fries, lots of gluten free instant oats, and freaking nuts) [reading this I basically just ate copper, oof]

That seems as a reasonable explanation to the first hairtests persistent high copper levels, esp the copper water one.

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
I think the answer to my sent above could be yes.

What is it with gluten free diet then, i know is better tolerated when GI permeability is present, what is the relation to copper in particular ?
This was in the beginning of my issues. I just tried some different diets to see if they help or not. I just tried random stuff I read on IBS / Digestive issues. The stuff that comes up if you use google and just insert 2 words. Basic health page tips. I did not know what to do back then. I didnt know my issue is about copper.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
This was in the beginning of my issues. I just tried some different diets to see if they help or not. I just tried random stuff I read on IBS / Digestive issues. The stuff that comes up if you use google and just insert 2 words. Basic health page tips. I did not know what to do back then. I didnt know my issue is about copper.

Make sense now, so Yes the answer to my prev sent could be No then :))

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
DUDE hairtest got worse, eating gluten free?
wtf?
I did not do hairtesting back then. but eating a lot of copper most likely did its part to my first hairtest (which I did way after eating gluten free, Keto, zero fructose etc) & worsening of my symptoms.
(Am I this hard to understand? :D )
Lets not rip this thread apart. Its not about me here.

(should we delete all this off-topic talk?)

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Guys, had a iron test done this week and results are as follows. Ferritin high, iron at low end of range. Does one need to supplement iron in this case? Thanks
Would be unwise as your Ferritin is +300. Sounds like your body is witholding Iron from the blood. Perhaps their is some sort of infection going on or you are lacking cofactors for Transferrin production (Copper problems and or b2). Eitherway, extra iron would not be my go to route.

Feb 16, 2019
Australia
Is Lactoferrin something that may help?

Would be unwise as your Ferritin is +300. Sounds like your body is witholding Iron from the blood. Perhaps their is some sort of infection going on or you are lacking cofactors for Transferrin production (Copper problems and or b2). Eitherway, extra iron would not be my go to route.

Feb 16, 2019
Australia
@Helen If you could please, I wanted to know how can one treat high intracellular calcium issues,
because I have on several separate occasions observed, that I am getting much worse if I take Vitamin D or if i eat lots of high-calcium foods. It happened so consistently that it can't be a coincidence. So my hypothesis is that I might have too much intracellular calcium. Thanks