5 alpha’s new log

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
I’m getting labs done on Jan 15th 2020. It’s the soonest time I can get them done unless I want to pay out of pocket for them which I don’t. I’m mostly interested in looking into fatty liver which Helen mentioned recently. But I’m also shooting to have as many things tested as possible including hormones. I’m going to wait on liver cleanse until after my labs on Jan 15th.

In the mean time I don’t want to do nothing. I tried RU followed by RU and potassium followed by just potassium. I got the best results from the RU potassium combo so this is what I’m going to run again. Also, I’m still feeling like I’m a little bit above regular baseline in the side effects I’m focusing on. So I’m shooting for a 7-10 day 50MG of RU + 3000 mg potassium run. Starting today.

If I crush up thirty 99mg potassium pills totaling almost 3000 mg of potassium and drink it with water through out the day I wonder if it will be easier on my stomach opposed to just throwing 30 potassium pills in my stomach all at once ?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
I’m getting labs done on Jan 15th 2020. It’s the soonest time I can get them done unless I want to pay out of pocket for them which I don’t. I’m mostly interested in looking into fatty liver which Helen mentioned recently. But I’m also shooting to have as many things tested as possible including hormones. I’m going to wait on liver cleanse until after my labs on Jan 15th.

In the mean time I don’t want to do nothing. I tried RU followed by RU and potassium followed by just potassium. I got the best results from the RU potassium combo so this is what I’m going to run again. Also, I’m still feeling like I’m a little bit above regular baseline in the side effects I’m focusing on. So I’m shooting for a 7-10 day 50MG of RU + 3000 mg potassium run. Starting today.

If I crush up thirty 99mg potassium pills totaling almost 3000 mg of potassium and drink it with water through out the day I wonder if it will be easier on my stomach opposed to just throwing 30 potassium pills in my stomach all at once ?

are you taking potassium gluconate? 99 mg?

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
are you taking potassium gluconate? 99 mg?
It appears so. This is what it says on the back of the bottle

Potassium 99mg
From 595 mg potassium gluconate

Ingredients:
Potassium gluconate, steanic acid, magnesium stearate

Is there a better way to go about this

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
  • Deleted by 5 alpha
  • Reason: Error
Show…

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
it might be that you react favorable to gluconic acid also, since I think it might affect insulin release.

and in fatty liver insulin usually is closed not to cause more fats in the liver

so since liver is fatty , insulin is closed and the whole body is not getting enough sugar and balls dont make NADPH)) lets say.

@5 alpha

Last edited:

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
it might be that you react favorable to gluconic acid also, since I think it might affect insulin release.

and in fatty liver insulin usually is closed not to cause more fats in the liver

so since liver is fatty , insulin is closed and the whole body is not getting enough sugar and balls dont make NADPH)) lets say.

@5 alpha
Hmm... and here I am this whole time limiting sugar from my diet as much as possible

I can’t wait to have my liver function tested

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Hmm... and here I am this whole time limiting sugar from my diet as much as possible

I can’t wait to have my liver function tested

well you are limiting your sugar not to have more fatty liver)) hahah

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
well you are limiting your sugar not to have more fatty liver)) hahah
Interesting. That’s a vicious circle. Not enough sugar means not enough NADPH. Adding more sugar means more fatty liver meaning insulin becoming closed meaning no insulin to take sugar out of bloodstream meaning not enough NADPH. Am I getting this right ?

I think I remember some of us taking NADPH supplements from ray peat? With all this concern about NADPH is taking NADPH supplements a good idea ? Or do I have this wrong did we try NADH supplement?

Also I have been googling how to have NADPH tested. It would be nice if we could test this.

Last edited:

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
Update:

I did my two three day cycles of 200mg of RU with no potassium with minor results while on the cycles. The results faded shortly after coming off of the RU after both of these cycles.

I did a third cycle of 50mg of RU plus almost 3000MG of potassium for nine days. I got better results while on this cycle than I did the prior solo RU 200mg cycles. My digestive issues got worse though and stayed worse than even after stopping the RU plus potassium cycle. As of day nine I stopped improving and by the 7th day off I felt back to baseline with digestion below regular baseline.

My fourth cycle was almost 3000mg of solo potassium (no ru) for 10 days. Got pretty much the same level of results that I got on the first 200mg solo three day RU cycles. The results than faded. But almost two weeks after the solo potassium I felt a little above regular baseline. My digestion also got even worse while on this cycle. It’s clear that potassium helps the symptoms I’m targeting but makes my digestion worse.

The best results in the symptoms I’m targeting while on cycle was the nine days worth of 50mg of RU plus potassium. The only cycle that seemed to give me longer lasting improvement after the cycle was the potassium only cycle.

Still feeling a little bit above regular baseline
I started my newest cycle on December 6th. On dec 6th and dec 7th I took 50 mg ru only. On dec 8th I took 50 mg RU plus crushed up 3000 mg’s worth of potassium and drank the powder. On dec 8th my digestion which was pretty much back to regular pre potassium baseline got instantly worse.

I’m sick enough of the digestive issues being worsened by potassium that I stopped the potassium only after one days. The good news is though my already slightly improved baseline in symptoms I’m targeting improved a little more on this latest RU cycle. I also cut this RU cycle short at a three day run only because of the worsened digestive issues that I do think the potassium is mainly responsible for but also stopped the RU short just to play it safe. So today is day two off this three day 50MG RU run. I’m still feeling in general a little above baseline in the symptoms that matter the most.

My conclusions as of right now:

50 mg of RU is the best dosage for me.
Shorter runs are better than longer runs
Potassium also helps and works even better with RU.
Potassium does make my digestion worse

My plan as of right now:

Keep it simple. Cut out potassium for the time being. Run three day 50 mg RU cycles with at least three days off in between cycles. Do several of them until I’m ready to have my blood work done. I do see an upward trend in the most stubborn of side effects so I’m going to keep hitting it with three day 50 mg RU runs and hope I’m not damaging my liver. Obviously if my upcoming labs show I have liver issues experimenting with strange drugs will need to stop.

Last edited:

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
I took five days off after my last three day cycle of 50 mg RU. The last three day cycle of 50 MG RU on December 6th, 7th and 8th I once again noticed improvement during rather than after. So far results consistent with I’m feeling small but noticeable improvements on the RU with 50mg doses giving me better results than 200 mg doses. The improvements fade after coming off of the RU. The potassium only cycle seems to be the only cycle that I got lasting improvement from after stopping although all around the results of the potassium only cycle were the least significant and potassium does a number on my digestion while on it which seems to linger around after stopping the potassium.

So far no major progress but I’m still going to experiment with RU and potassium until I’m ready to try something else. I’ll see how this 50 mg 3 day cycle goes. After starting it today a few hours after taking the first 50 mg dose I feel similar to how I would feel if I took like 300mg of R-Andro which is a good feeling. But it’s still the snap back I need. Too me RU feels like I’m on androgens it’s so weird. When that first RU cycle from back in 2017 almost cured me I described the feeling on that cycle as “RU surges” if I remember correctly I think Helen said at 50 mg of Ru I’m effecting mostly cortisol receptors. So if I feel like I’m responding Better to hormones with my cortisol receptors antagonized there has to be something wrong with my cortisol receptors and with the way this issue with my cortisol receptors effects how I respond to T and DHT. I almost want to try R-Andro on RU....

Last edited:

Goose12

Oct 6, 2017
Cincinnati Ohio
@5 alpha I have done around 5 cycles of ru and it eventually lost any positive effects. Might be different if I tried it again but in my opinion it's not the cure. I also did a couple cycles of ella. I currently think the cure for saw sufferers is to focus on the liver and raising estrogen and lowering shbg.

Have you done any fasts and if yes how did you react??

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
So today is day three of this 50 mg RU run. No negatives to report. Continue to feel a little better on it. I have decided that I have taken RU enough times to make some final decisions.

I think I have done enough solo RU runs at 50MG and 200MG dosages ranging from
3-10 days to know that I have got all the results I can get from taking RU alone. I will see what happened’s coming off of this cycle in the next few days. If I get no snap back I will be throwing in the towel with solo RU runs. I see no need to experiment with it at different dosages for different amounts of time if after coming out of this cycle I get no snap back or substantial long term improvements. If I get a snap back (which I’m not expecting seeing that I have done several cycles now with no substantial longer term improvements) than I will run more solo RU cycles but if not I’m stopping.

Regardless, even if this one does not work I still may consider another RU potassium combo to see if I can duplicate the decent reaction that I got during my recent first RU potassium combo. But if a second one of these does not provide additional long term results I’ll be throwing the towel in on RU potassium combo runs as well. That will just leave me with a RU r-Andro combo just because I’m naturally interested in how I would respond to extra DHT with my cortisol receptors blocked. But I’m on the fence with this and may not simply because it’s like even if it did work I’m expecting to lose the benefits as soon as I stop that combo. And I promised my self already that I’m done with R-Andro. But as a learning experience and for the sake of learning as much as impossible that I can learn about how Saw P-PFS works and what is wrong with me I may try it.

So unless something significant happens in the remaining trials I will be putting an end to mifepristone. I see no need to poison my body with this for too much longer if I’m not getting major results in return.

The way my mind works like with anything that actually has worked for me in the past such as 5a-DHP, R-Andro and RU I trial the shit out of so I stop using it knowing for certain that there are no benefits in continuing.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
@5 alpha I have done around 5 cycles of ru and it eventually lost any positive effects. Might be different if I tried it again but in my opinion it's not the cure. I also did a couple cycles of ella. I currently think the cure for saw sufferers is to focus on the liver and raising estrogen and lowering shbg.

Have you done any fasts and if yes how did you react??
I finished my ninth trial of RU today since 2017. I have not been able to replicate my near recovery from back in 2017. I have got small noticeable results but nothing that seems like I’m heading towards recovery. So unfortunately I agree I don’t think this is the cure.

The liver is something I plan on taking a closer look at in the near future. Raising estrogen is something that I have not tried. I have had good SHBG readings in the past though. Hopefully I can get my insurance to pay for some recent hormone labs so I can take a look at my estrogen and SHBG levels.

I do feel a little “poisoned” right now with my most recent RU run almost like I’m putting too much strain on my liver with all this Mifepristone I have been taking. I’m stepping up water in take to flush it out of my system faster.

I did do one 7 day juice fast years back and reacted horrible too it. Lost too much weight too fast. I have read other people’s reviews and what I lost on 7 days of juice fasting while drinking 4 water bottles of juice a day was too extreme.

In the back of my mind I want to fight through this and do one anyway. If I do it will be a 2 week supervised water fast. I’m on disability and not working so I’m that regard it would be a good time for it. But I have other shit that would need to be resolved first so I could go into it with a clear of a mind as possible.

I will try the mineral balancing before I do this though. Maybe TEI. But personally I don’t believe in it. Why would this work ? The body knows what to do with these things if you give it enough. But I am open minded and don’t plan on accepting defeat ever so I will still try it. If that does not work I would go do a supervised two week water fast and start CD’s protocol again with more focus on the diet

I remember at one time when I was at my best I ever got from simply following CD’s protocol my diet was unreal. I was eating three harvest bowel salads from sweet green per day. I was getting over 4000 calories per day in a really healthy way. They all had chicken in them and organic wild rice so I was getting a lot of calories from them. I was also spending $45 per day on sweet green salads haha So I will need to replicate that strict of a diet again after the fast. I’m hoping TEI would work though I’m just not counting on it. I view it as a money maker haha

Last edited:

Goose12

Oct 6, 2017
Cincinnati Ohio
I finished my ninth trial of RU today since 2017. I have not been able to replicate my near recovery from back in 2017. I have got small noticeable results but nothing that seems like I’m heading towards recovery. So unfortunately I agree I don’t think this is the cure.

The liver is something I plan on taking a closer look at in the near future. Raising estrogen is something that I have not tried. I have had good SHBG readings in the past though. Hopefully I can get my insurance to pay for some recent hormone labs so I can take a look at my estrogen and SHBG levels.

I do feel a little “poisoned” right now with my most recent RU run almost like I’m putting too much strain on my liver with all this Mifepristone I have been taking. I’m stepping up water in take to flush it out of my system faster.

I did do one 7 day juice fast years back and reacted horrible too it. Lost too much weight too fast. I have read other people’s reviews and what I lost on 7 days of juice fasting while drinking 4 water bottles of juice a day was too extreme.

In the back of my mind I want to fight through this and do one anyway. If I do it will be a 2 week supervised water fast. I’m on disability and not working so I’m that regard it would be a good time for it. But I have other shit that would need to be resolved first so I could go into it with a clear of a mind as possible.

I will try the mineral balancing before I do this though. Maybe TEI. But personally I don’t believe in it. Why would this work ? The body knows what to do with these things if you give it enough. But I am open minded and don’t plan on accepting defeat ever so I will still try it. If that does not work I would go do a supervised two week water fast and start CD’s protocol again with more focus on the diet

I remember at one time when I was at my best I ever got from simply following CD’s protocol my diet was unreal. I was eating three harvest bowel salads from sweet green per day. I was getting over 4000 calories per day in a really healthy way. They all had chicken in them and organic wild rice so I was getting a lot of calories from them. I was also spending $45 per day on sweet green salads haha So I will need to replicate that strict of a diet again after the fast. I’m hoping TEI would work though I’m just not counting on it. I view it as a money maker haha
I felt the same way from ru. Mentally it helped a lot but in other ways I think it set me back.

Tei is great. By forcing minerals you can change your body chemistry but it takes time and I think my fatty liver was holding me back on the protocol. Tei takes time but you will see results.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
I felt the same way from ru. Mentally it helped a lot but in other ways I think it set me back.

Tei is great. By forcing minerals you can change your body chemistry but it takes time and I think my fatty liver was holding me back on the protocol. Tei takes time but you will see results.
I see

So trying to fix fatty liver liver in combination of TEI is the best way to go ?

The thing with the fatty liver theory though. There needs to be evidence to support the diagnosis of fatty liver through a combo of labs and ultrasound.

Goose12

Oct 6, 2017
Cincinnati Ohio
Given time tei will fix almost anything. The feeling I got was it was putting in the perfect body chemistry. Even after stopping my energy levels are still great. Tei alone completely fixed cfs, digestion issues, insomnia, shortness of breath, acid reflux, and more. Like I said sexual sides were taking for ever. Who knows where I would be at if I were still on it but I believed I could fix post saw palmetto faster. Hopefully I can. For most people starting out they would be better off getting on tei and waiting for someone else to figure out how to cure pfs.

Here is a channel about nutritional balancing. This guy cured himself from post accutane

@5 alpha

Goose12

Oct 6, 2017
Cincinnati Ohio
@5 alpha have you ever tried calcium glucarate? Could be a coincidence but I think it's helping.

I haven't had the ultra sound but I have the labs in my signature. I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. The more I focus on the liver the more it helps

Last edited:

Goose12

Oct 6, 2017
Cincinnati Ohio
@Goose12 I think calcium gluc is good, since it gets rid of your hormones faster. and you have to make more)) using your fats))
Seems to be helping with liver. I can tell when my liver is doing good because the dark circles under my eyes improve.

Thanks for mentioning it. Never heard of it before