5 alpha’s new log

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
I would avoid taking testosterone or HCG. It originally helped me but seemed to lose effectiveness. It did help with some strength in erections etc but for mental sides it was horrible, it was just too much of a roller coaster. It seemed to cause extreme anxiety and panic for me even with ''perfect'' blood ratios.
Hmmm...

Yea I can say your experience while on T and HCG is pretty consistent with what happened to me when I increased cortisol with licorice. For the first three days while on the licorice I had strength in erections with the weird random anxiety. After three days (even after I stopped taking the licorice) the anxiety continued and the gain in erections went away followed by all those sides getting worse.

I’m pretty sure the same thing would happen to me if I went on T or HCG. I react better to the natural boost from herb cycling which in my case does not cause anxiety but only gives me temp strength in erections which fades while doing noting for the other sides. It never makes me worse though. So with PFS unlike what endo’s have told me in the past for us it does matter “how the T gets their”

My last cycle of RU gave me that temp strength in erections but also temp improvement in other sexual sides which is what distinguishes RU for me. Nothing else has ever done that for me. All the cycles of R Andro, the 5a-DHP, my 7 day juice fast, even when my diet was real clean for a while and is still pretty clean all the time. All just temp Strength in erections but never touched the typical list of other sexual sides.

I suppose I could do a two week water fast but I don’t react well to fasting. I lost twenty five pounds on a 7 day juice fast and was 175 pounds at 6 foot 5. I could not go any longer. So I don’t think that’s an option for me to lose less than I did on a simple 7 day juice fast

Olski69

May 11, 2018
UK
Hmmm...

Yea I can say your experience while on T and HCG is pretty consistent with what happened to me when I increased cortisol with licorice. For the first three days while on the licorice I had strength in erections with the weird random anxiety. After three days (even after I stopped taking the licorice) the anxiety continued and the gain in erections went away followed by all those sides getting worse.

I’m pretty sure the same thing would happen to me if I went on T or HCG. I react better to the natural boost from herb cycling which in my case does not cause anxiety but only gives me temp strength in erections which fades while doing noting for the other sides. It never makes me worse though. So with PFS unlike what endo’s have told me in the past for us it does matter “how the T gets their”

My last cycle of RU gave me that temp strength in erections but also temp improvement in other sexual sides which is what distinguishes RU for me. Nothing else has ever done that for me. All the cycles of R Andro, the 5a-DHP, my 7 day juice fast, even when my diet was real clean for a while and is still pretty clean all the time. All just temp Strength in erections but never touched the typical list of other sexual sides.

I suppose I could do a two week water fast but I don’t react well to fasting. I lost twenty five pounds on a 7 day juice fast and was 175 pounds at 6 foot 5. I could not go any longer. So I don’t think that’s an option for me to lose less than I did on a simple 7 day juice fast

I was reading your log back and saw all the issues you had with sleep when you first crashed. You and I are very similar with everything.

I have recently been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition, I did not have this before I crashed. Obviously, they treat autoimmune conditions with steroids. I wonder if I have an issue with GR too. Maybe if I could fix this it would reverse my autoimmune neutropenia.

I think the reason why I got doubly fucked was due to developing this autoimmune condition. I live a very clean and strict diet/lifestyle but if I get food poisoned or a stomach virus it takes me months to get back to normality.

One thing I remember when first crashing, I was given a steroid cream for another ailment. Shortly after applying I would get more blood flow down there and also feel calm and sleepy. I do not know if this would happen again but I remember it having this affect when I was going through my worst period of insomnia. I have no idea why this happened.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Today is day seven off of RU and potassium. I’m back to baseline.

I’m going to start a 7-10 day 3000mg of solo potassium run to see what happened’s. I need to know if I will be including potassium with future runs of RU and it seems harmless enough so why not. Either going to start today or wait until tomorrow just to have seven full days off.

hey, how much cycles of r andro have you done?

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
hey, how much cycles of r andro have you done?
I have taken R-Andro about 8 times. I also tried similar DHT pro hormone products 2-3 times prior to R-Andro coming out. Each cycle ranging from 4-6 weeks. My experience with it was similar to others the first R-Andro run was pretty good with the benefits being less during future runs with it.

I never got that feeling better and better after each cycle like others have reported. I noticed that it was causing higher than normal blood pressure even after stopping the cycles and it was not curing me so I have not taken it for a good almost two years now.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
I was reading your log back and saw all the issues you had with sleep when you first crashed. You and I are very similar with everything.

I have recently been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition, I did not have this before I crashed. Obviously, they treat autoimmune conditions with steroids. I wonder if I have an issue with GR too. Maybe if I could fix this it would reverse my autoimmune neutropenia.

I think the reason why I got doubly fucked was due to developing this autoimmune condition. I live a very clean and strict diet/lifestyle but if I get food poisoned or a stomach virus it takes me months to get back to normality.

One thing I remember when first crashing, I was given a steroid cream for another ailment. Shortly after applying I would get more blood flow down there and also feel calm and sleepy. I do not know if this would happen again but I remember it having this affect when I was going through my worst period of insomnia. I have no idea why this happened.
Do you remember what they gave you ?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
I have taken R-Andro about 8 times. I also tried similar DHT pro hormone products 2-3 times prior to R-Andro coming out. Each cycle ranging from 4-6 weeks. My experience with it was similar to others the first R-Andro run was pretty good with the benefits being less during future runs with it.

I never got that feeling better and better after each cycle like others have reported. I noticed that it was causing higher than normal blood pressure even after stopping the cycles and it was not curing me so I have not taken it for a good almost two years now.

yes, because you have low progesterone. You are saw palmetto. you need to get tested and see liver function, and other bloods to see what is going on.

Dont forget RU is progesterone. It is possible that if you have fatty liver like Goose from saw palmetto, body does not want to raise potassium thus keeps progesterone

low.

And when you take RU it increases your progesterone, and if you add potassium you retain it , and this increases NADPH and insulin,

And when you run r andro, your potassium goes lower and lower, since r andro raises aldosterone by inhibiting 5AR.

This is why @Goose12 did not have any results from r andro at all, until he did TEI. and added potassium.

Also Walker ran 4 andro with r andro.

Check your liver , lets see if you have the same situation with fatty liver like Goose, he has terrible fatty liver. It will takes years to fix. until then body will keep NADPH low

since NADPH produces fats in the liver

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@5 alpha this is why when you took dutasteride multiple times you did not have any problems really and did not get PFS, but after you took saw palmetto you had problems.

saw palmetto cases could be not like PFS. they all look similar on the hairtest. Saw palmetto is basically like cholesterol , it mimics cholesterol. this then causes fats to accumulate in the liver and NADPH closes down.

this is why saw palmetto cases have high iron on the hairtest. since there is no NADPH and iron is not used. NADPH is needed to produce both DHT and mostly ESTROGEN.

estrogen production requires the whole 3 NADPH.

may be body closes down NADPH to protect from fatty liver and cirrosis. https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/10.1148/radiol.10091351

Potassium Levels may be a Factor in Liver Disease | NHRI

Low serum potassium level is associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and its related metabolic disorders. - PubMed - NCBI

This is also interesting Nicotinamide Riboside reverses fatty liver disease in mice | TimelessLife

Hepatic NAD(+) deficiency as a therapeutic target for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in ageing. - PubMed - NCBI

You see they are saying that NAD prevents restores fatty liver

and you have low 3 beta hsd. and progesterone,

progesterone is made with NAD, since 3 beta hsd uses NAD as a cofactor.

I assume NAD helps by increasing glucuronidation.

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@Goose12 when you run r andro it converts to DHT, but body can easily just lower potassium and kill 5AR. and you dont downregulate ARs in DHT sensitive tissues.

Body just easily lowers DHT production. by killing NADPH. since r andro lowers potassium. and without potassium there is no NADPH. so 5AR goes down, but if you add potassium 5AR does not go down, so your squeeze DHT from both places, with 5AR and from r andro.

Last edited:

Goose12

Oct 6, 2017
Cincinnati Ohio
@Goose12 when you run r andro it converts to DHT, but body can easily just lower potassium and kill 5AR. and you dont downregulate ARs in DHT sensitive tissues.

Body just easily lowers DHT production. by killing NADPH. since r andro lowers potassium. and without potassium there is no NADPH. so 5AR goes down, but if you add potassium 5AR does not go down, so your squeeze DHT from both places, with 5AR and from r andro.
Will this help fatty liver also?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Never tried it, why?
I was using calcium glucarate while recovering cfs quite well in late 2017. @Helen

One of many things I did. But I had the elevated beta-glucuronidase and it was aimed at that.

cappello7

Apr 20, 2018
Los Angeles
What happens to cortisol receptors when you take hydrocortisone? I’ve long suspected a cortisol issue and read that someone was cured by taking hydrocortisone for 6 months then coming off. I am weaning off after 5 months and will let people know if I get bt

5 alpha I had the same reaction to licorice root but made improvements while on hydrocortisone...not sure why that is but maybe something to look into.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
What happens to cortisol receptors when you take hydrocortisone? I’ve long suspected a cortisol issue and read that someone was cured by taking hydrocortisone for 6 months then coming off. I am weaning off after 5 months and will let people know if I get bt

5 alpha I had the same reaction to licorice root but made improvements while on hydrocortisone...not sure why that is but maybe something to look into.
How are you feeling currently on HC?

cappello7

Apr 20, 2018
Los Angeles
How are you feeling currently on HC?
I had been feeling better the entire time while on it but recently took yohimbe bark extract and crashed. My biggest physical issue has been a tight scrotum which has been much better but after yohimbe all the progress I made is gone and it’s really tight again

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
I had been feeling better the entire time while on it but recently took yohimbe bark extract and crashed. My biggest physical issue has been a tight scrotum which has been much better but after yohimbe all the progress I made is gone and it’s really tight again
You took LGD not Fin. Did you ever get bloodwork?

cappello7

Apr 20, 2018
Los Angeles
You took LGD not Fin. Did you ever get bloodwork?
Yes several times, I noticed symptoms months after stopping LGD and feel like it was another “perfect storm” scenario. I finally got tested for all hormones and was low test and low DHT. I tried several things before going on TRT which I currently am... clomid, cycling herbs, etc. and nothing stuck. R-Andro by far has helped me out the most but it only worked the first time.

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
Yes several times, I noticed symptoms months after stopping LGD and feel like it was another “perfect storm” scenario. I finally got tested for all hormones and was low test and low DHT. I tried several things before going on TRT which I currently am... clomid, cycling herbs, etc. and nothing stuck. R-Andro by far has helped me out the most but it only worked the first time.
Maybe try triptorelin.